Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So I finally got 'er running (Read 62 times)
odvelasc
Ex Member

So I finally got 'er running
03/25/09 at 18:00:35

I finally got ol' suzi running tonight. She does not bog down, however there is quite a bit of low to midrange now. Probably the UFO I installed. But yowser, pop the clutch in second and my goodness I slid back in my saddle quite a bit. Just went down from a 17.5 pilot to a 15 and still wont idle, I suspect a tad of tuning with the air screw and the idle screw. I dont  have as much top end now. It definitely struggles top end. I drop from a 165 main to a 155 main on the vm carb. May have to enrichen by way of the dial a jet. Its set to medium right now. Once I get her idling and tuned, oh man this little suzi is going to be one bad mama. I can already feel soo much more power with the UFO and the dial a jet. Wont have time again until Saturday, maybe tomorrow to fix the right rear signal, and definitely gotta get used to the new drag bars.

Many Thanks go out the SV og, and SevierSavage for their tips and moral support. Its been taking a while to make progress but I work soo much right now, its hard to much done in one day. Summer here I come.

IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Re: So I finally got 'er running
Reply #1 - 03/25/09 at 18:13:31

I ended up 160 main and the dial a jet on it's richest setting. Now top end feels strong too. Just roll on the throttle and it will raise the front end. Keep fine tuning, can you imagine a cam now? I'm holding at 50 mpg even after the new carb mods.
Seviersavage

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/25/09 at 18:14:30

No way man, no cam. That is too much for this little bike. lol Yeah I may drop to a 150 once I get this thing to stay idling.

IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #3 - 03/25/09 at 18:20:47

Oh come on, lets see who gets one first. Probably have to upgrade the clutch too, Yeeehaa
Seviersavage

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/25/09 at 18:50:02

oh yeah, I definitely need to adjust the clutch now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:08:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › So I finally got 'er running

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.