Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re: Dial a jet installed. VM carb vacuum line? (Read 456 times)
odvelasc
Ex Member

Re: Dial a jet installed. VM carb vacuum line?
Reply #30 - 03/19/09 at 15:55:03

Oh float is not too high, nothing is coming out the vent, and I can see that it may be a little low since the fuel is only three quarters of the way up the blue fuel line that connects to the dial-a-jet.

IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #31 - 03/19/09 at 16:33:16

just for clarification the hole I was referring to is one you drill in the part of the needle jet that sticks up in the carb throat.
Only if you drop to a 15 pilot and are still rich.
Seviersavage

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 03/19/09 at 20:05:18

seviersavage wrote on 03/19/09 at 16:33:16:
just for clarification the hole I was referring to is one you drill in the part of the needle jet that sticks up in the carb throat.
Only if you drop to a 15 pilot and are still rich.
Seviersavage

So I will be bleeding the jet? What drill bit do I use?

IP Logged
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 04/13/09 at 14:58:15

i have an 2006 stock carb, on the mixture screw for air/fuel, rich is turning counterclockwise (out) lean is clockwise (in)????i'm kinda new to this

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #34 - 04/13/09 at 15:24:43

Texas, ignore this thread it doesn't apply to you.
They are talking about a VM carb which is opposite to yours.

we need use guys to mark these threads...

NOT FOR NOOBS

WWW   IP Logged
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 04/13/09 at 15:50:42

hey there on a 2006 mikuni stock carb is the air fuel mix screw turned counterclockwise to make it richer or clockwise

IP Logged
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 04/13/09 at 15:52:22

sorry my bad won't post here

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #37 - 04/13/09 at 16:43:11

clockwise is leaner

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 04/13/09 at 17:38:39

got it figured out anyways lol

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #39 - 04/14/09 at 05:15:25

With a UFO installed you WILL need to go down to a #15 pilot AND drill a hole in the little top section of the needle jet that sticks up into the carb throat.  I am away from home on a trip right now and don't have my tech info with me so cannot remember the exact size but perhaps someone else will.  I am thinking that it is a #45 drill bit...may be something close to 3/32" ? ?  Not sure though.

I went to the "Thunder Products" website and this is their brief intro into how to start the process.  The material you get when ordering a UFO goes into more detail.
They start with a #55 drill bit in this section, but for the Savage a larger hole is needed.  Just going on memory I am pretty sure that it is a #40 or #42 drill bit that I use when setting up a carb with a UFO.

** Remember ... do not go smaller than a #15 pilot; the guy who created it was pretty emphatic about that for some reason.  Just drill the hole and turn the pilot adjusting screw out for lean; 3 turns out is pretty much the limit without endangering the loss of the  screw for lack of the spring holding power.

Please do remove the needle jet when doing the drilling.  I have been tempted to drill with it in the carb but just the thought of tiny metal filings getting stuck in some passageway and screwing up jetting/tuning adjustments causes me all sorts of frustration.

Do not worry about getting the hole to large, go straight for the #40 or 42 size drill bit and adjust the pilot screw according to what the engine wants.  If it is too lean then you just go back to a #17.5 pilot.
I believe that my 36mm VM carb (with UFO and DAJ) ended up with the pilot screw at about 2 turns out +/-.

U.F.O.  

(Ultimate Flow Optimizer) PATENTED

AIR BLEED CIRCUIT

ONLY use air bleed when a 15 pilot jet is still too rich!

The air bleed circuit allows you to lean the pilot circuit without leaning the midrange and top end.

When your engine is running properly and your only concern is excessive fuel consumption or when you need to go leaner than a 15 pilot jet, the following drawing will show you how to improve your fuel mileage or lean out the idle circuit further by installing a small air bleed.  This is an extremely simple modification.  The size of the air bleed hole will determine to some degree what size pilot jet you run.  The #55 air bleed is installed in the needle jet only (not the needle) right next to the floor of the carburetor as illustrated in the drawing.  If you want to increase the size of your pilot slightly to throw more fuel across midrange, you may do this and still have the ability to lean out the idle circuit by enlarging the air bleed hole further than the #55 size.  We recommend that this be done cautiously in increments not exceeding 5 per time (example: #55 air bleed enlarged to #50).  Numbered drill bits get larger as the number decreases.  NEVER exceed #40 in size.  

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 04/14/09 at 16:06:24

Awesome, thanks a bunch. I was about to throw in the towel and swap back the stock card with the dial a jet.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 15:30:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re: Dial a jet installed. VM carb vacuum line?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.