Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HELP!!! I'm an IDIOT!!! (Read 195 times)
I once had a mohawk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

HELP!!! I'm an IDIOT!!!
03/06/09 at 13:51:29

Long story short, I am an IDIOT. I thought I wanted to change out my handlebars. I found out I didn't. While in the process of changing them back the bottom part of the clamp that holds the clutch lever and left side  mirror on broke off. Now it won't tighten down enough to stay put. What do I do? Do I have to buy a new unit or can I us JB Weld? Please help. I am so pissed! Angry

IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Re: HELP!!! I'm an IDIOT!!!
Reply #1 - 03/06/09 at 14:02:56

aside from drilling and bolting it to the bars, jb weld wont cut it and it will look like crap. i have a replacement bro, pm me!

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #2 - 03/06/09 at 14:51:30

This is a public service announcement from the Prevention of Unwanted Damage (PUD) Coalition.

IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #3 - 03/06/09 at 15:53:34

LOL! well said but we all have a "oops" moment once in a while.....

i may have saved him with a replacement...RIDE ON MOHAWK!

IP Logged
I once had a mohawk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/09/09 at 05:39:53

Yes you did. Thanks to SavageEddie I will be back on the road in a week or so.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #5 - 03/09/09 at 06:25:15

Teamwork in action!

I have more than my share of oops.  I messed up the threads on one of my risers last week.  I had mounted the bolts in just enough to catch.  I forgot about this and upon moving the handlebars from side to side to finish up the wiring on the headlight, I made the bolt jump a thread.  I wasted two good 1/2"x20 bolts to rethread it correctly.  That was too close of a call.  

I spend a third of my time looking for a small nut, bolt or washer that I dropped.  Usually, it ricochets off of my foot and goes to wherever all those small pieces go to.

IP Logged
I once had a mohawk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/09/09 at 08:37:25

Yeah, you can call me Mr. Butterfingers. I work on computers and I work with all kinds of small screws. Whenever I am working on computers or my savage I always drop at least one screw. I guess the most frustrating part about this oops is that I use my savage as my primary source of transportation to save on gas (and for a little enjoyment Wink) but with the handlebar swap, fuguring out that I did not like the drag bars and now this I have not rode it in weeks. I just want to get it put back together and not mod it until I have another bike so this one can be a project bike. DJ you are the one that said modding can be a slippery slope. I agree.

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/09/09 at 13:14:33

Hey I forgot to put the oil fill cap back on after winterizing my bike. A bit of condensation occurred under the tarp and who knows what damage will occur lol. oooooops!! Waiting on a new cap.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 03/09/09 at 15:49:36

Ahhhhh, I feel so much better now, or at least less stewpid. Ive shafted myself so many times messing with small parts that Ive developed a ritual before working on anything that has small parts. I sweep up, so little stuff wont have anything to hide behind. I sometimes put a towel or maybe an old sheet down, to catch things & keep them from bouncing into, wherever that is, I suspect that one fday Ill step into a BIG garage & there will be E-clips,washers, nuts , bolts, springs, Lots of springs & gas caps off of Pintos & every other car that had the cap as part of the body panel,

I ran around with a guy who had a Pinto wagon. We took it all over Texas, La., South Miss. & to Mobile & on down to Pensacola. We would leave the car somewhere for 20 minutes & come back to No Gas cap. We would drive around & spot a Pinto, & swipe us a cap. We Did buy a couple, but t5hat got old, fast..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 00:27:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HELP!!! I'm an IDIOT!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.