Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Bobber/chopper seat on Savage? (Read 946 times)
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Re: Bobber/chopper seat on Savage?
Reply #15 - 02/10/09 at 23:14:12

Savage_Amusement wrote on 02/10/09 at 18:43:31:
BigSingle wrote on 02/10/09 at 06:53:48:
HAHA thats funny my "Jesse James" seat is supposed to be in today  Cheesy will be putting on my hardtail'ed savage..Ill let you know what I think of it soon as I get it...

When  you get to putting it on could you just sit it on the frame of the bike and take a photo of it for me so I can see how it matches the the way the curve of the frame? That would help me out a TON.

Yea, me too.

Thanks!

IP Logged
BigSingle

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pensacola Florida
Reply #16 - 02/11/09 at 21:43:28

YEA!! got my seat in today! Cheesy sweet I love getting off work and have new toys on the doorstep... My frame is getting some reworking right now but I will get some pictures soon as I can... The seat and brackets are awesome. Anyone looking for something wild this would be it. As for mounting wo welding, havent figured out a way yet but if I can Ill let you know....Me, Im welding it and the seat straight to the frame Shocked

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #17 - 02/12/09 at 07:19:10

I'm REAL interested to see what things look like. Don't keep me waiting too long!!!!! lol

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #18 - 02/12/09 at 09:27:08

Savage_Amusement wrote on 02/12/09 at 07:19:10:
I'm REAL interested to see what things look like. Don't keep me waiting too long!!!!! lol

Yea, me too!

IP Logged
BigSingle

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pensacola Florida
Reply #19 - 02/12/09 at 09:53:25

I will get some pictures up (will try tonight) of what it looks like on a "stock" frame. not sure how helpful it will be becouse thats all mine is right now is a frame. I love the seat and it does look like the size is just right for the savage size and tank....

IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #20 - 02/12/09 at 10:43:42

Big single, what size did you go with?

IP Logged
BigSingle

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pensacola Florida
Reply #21 - 02/12/09 at 11:39:06

Its the "wide" version thats sold on ebay. Actually is almost the same size as my stock seat. (that has been modified bobber style)... Im not a big guy at all but with the bike being wider and also planing on maybe going w a bare metal seat I wanted as much coverage as possible...It did take me awile to deside on wich with to go with becouse I like the smaller skinner seat....

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #22 - 02/12/09 at 13:21:06

I have sat on my bike with out the stock seat on in that little dip area. I liked how it felt for me since I'm a shorter guy. That's why I want to see how it fits on the frame where it comes up and the rear fender mounts on. So showing me the frame will be exactly what I want to see. I haven't decided if I'm going to have it covered, or leave it raw and just have it powder coated or even spring it at this point yet.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
BigSingle

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pensacola Florida
Reply #23 - 02/12/09 at 15:28:31

yea thats kinda where Im at...not sure if going raw or covering...depends on how the reset of the bike comes out....

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #24 - 02/12/09 at 15:43:28

Here's what I was gonna do if I used it. You can get thin, very low profile rubber floor mats with logos such as the one below.  The one in the pic is small and for backseat passengers.  Many of the decorative floor mats are so thin they really don't work well as floor mats.  They are essentially flat.  I was gonna find a cool one, trim it a little larger than the seat, glue it on the seat pan and trim it nicely.  Just a thought.

IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #25 - 02/12/09 at 16:36:53

Not a bad idea Jim.  I am also split about upholstering it or living it bare.  I guess it depends on its comfort.  I was thinking of using the padding and the material from the stock seat.  Then just putting the padding down and wrapping it in the stock seat material.  

Big single, you got the bigger one, I got the smaller one ( 9X13).  We could both post are pictures of it mounted.  See how they compare.  I am just worried the one I got is too small.  I guess I will see how it looks and feels when I get it.  I will try and remember to post picts!

IP Logged
BigSingle

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pensacola Florida
Reply #26 - 02/12/09 at 17:26:25

Yea the rubber mat idea is a good one...would deft. stick to the seat. That would be one thing about the bare way is it being slick and also will rust some and get on your pants...could spray like a clearcoat on it or something to prevent it from rusting or paint it....

i dont think it would be too small. There isnt alot of difference between the two sizes. Like I said if you got with a bare "bobber" style look it make the bike "thin" out some. Im personaly considering going with a different tank or something bc its so wide... just dont want to be stopping at every gasstation filling up bc I have a 2gal tank Grin

IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #27 - 02/12/09 at 17:30:07

Yea, Im siked to see how it fits.  I dont think its to wide with that kind of seat (look below), I guess I will see when it arrives what I think.  

However, if you think its to big you should checkout those peanut tanks.  Those are pretty cool.

IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #28 - 02/12/09 at 17:42:25

This guy made this seat.  Kinda of gives ya an idea.

http://bikepics.com/pictures/1268203/

http://bikepics.com/pictures/1268197/

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #29 - 02/12/09 at 17:49:43

If I don't cover it, it is going to get powder coated. Stuff will rust like crazy here otherwise. I took a TON of parts off my bike today to be taken down to the powder coater's. While doing that I was measuring out for a pan that I am going to make to go under the seat if I decide to spring the seat. I'm working on a custom battery box as well. We'll see how that turns out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:26:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bobber/chopper seat on Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.