Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
A little too customized... (Read 877 times)
Rustbucket

Re: A little too customized...
Reply #30 - 02/07/09 at 09:51:37

That thing is awful. And he looks proud of it..  Undecided

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #31 - 02/07/09 at 10:16:33

Rustbucket wrote on 02/07/09 at 09:51:37:

but you have 2 pages of photobucket pics of a stocker with a windshield.... and it still has the warning sticker on the tank?.... and you covered the license plate number?....
We all like what we like.... not that there's anything wrong with a stock bike, but it's creative ideas that are worth posting... we all know what a stock Savage looks like.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #32 - 02/07/09 at 11:17:10

Serowbot wrote on 02/07/09 at 10:16:33:

but you have 2 pages of photobucket pics of a stocker with a windshield.... and it still has the warning sticker on the tank?.... and you covered the license plate number?....
We all like what we like.... not that there's anything wrong with a stock bike, but it's creative ideas that are worth posting... we all know what a stock Savage looks like.

Yeah, seen one stocker (in each color) you've seen them all.
I won't go out and copy his bike.  But there are some really nice ideas.  Like who'd thunk to put the disk brake on the front pulley?  And the rat trap pedals?  The really cleaned up battery box, hardley know it's there (it is isn't it?)  The copper coloring, wow.

WWW   IP Logged
rodeoman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 02/09/09 at 18:55:44

I think bikes are like woman... I like all of them even the plain or the ugly ones!!!! Grin

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #34 - 02/09/09 at 19:15:31

rodeoman wrote on 02/09/09 at 18:55:44:
I think bikes are like woman... I like all of them even the plain or the ugly ones!!!! Grin

Me... I don't care much for the ugly ones.  Or the plain ones for that matter.   Grin

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #35 - 02/10/09 at 00:03:15

>>>They really cleaned up battery box, hardley know it's there (it is isn't it?)  <<<
Serowbot, I think they hid it in the swingarm area.  At least that would be my guess.

Whether you like the bike or not, you really have to appreciate some of the things they've done on it.  Especially knowing our bikes as we do.  And I have to say, it really looks as good or better than the butt jewelery coming out of the Teutul family workshop.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Rustbucket

Reply #36 - 02/10/09 at 10:23:02

Serowbot wrote on 02/07/09 at 10:16:33:

Never said it wasn't creative, I just said it looked awful. Those pics of my bike were taken by the prev owner who loaded them on photobucket when he listed his bike for sale. He left the bucket acct up so i linked to them. What does it matter anyway if I have 1 pic or 1500 pics of my bike? I still think that custom job looks aweful..
I cant tell you why he covered the plate.. (paranoia?) I did remove the warning sticker though.

IP Logged
genejohnson

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 07/13/09 at 07:09:34

I found it interesting because it is different! He followed his own vision. I like seeing big changes in the designs of bikes and how people struggle to make things better or more reliable. We have a few guys on this forum with as much if not more vision than he. Gene

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #38 - 07/13/09 at 08:56:31

I like the disk on the drive pulley. The belt wouldnt jump in a panic stop any more than a wild start, the cogs are huge on this belt.
I dont like the look he came up with, but I can certainly appreciate the labor that went into it. IOW, it aint for me, but Id sure stop & stare if it was parked where I could.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 07/13/09 at 08:59:42

Yeah, if it can take a burnout or a wheelie, it will take braking too. It looks dangerous, though, but should work. That's a 50cc scooter front rotor bolted onto the pulley.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 10:23:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A little too customized...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.