Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Re: This Year's Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #1170 - 07/23/10 at 15:13:22

I talked with the boss (Mrs. T) and I don't think I can do the ride.  I have a bunch of "honey-doos" that I promised her I'd do if I did the Dragon ride and I haven't finished the list.

Sorry Guys.

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1171 - 07/23/10 at 16:20:19

August 4th

I would have to leave in the wee hours of the morning to make it up to the Ashville area by 11:00 or noonish time frame on Wednesday August 4th.     Then I would be fancy free until 11:00 AM Friday, when I would have to begin riding back home to get a decent night's sleep before reporting back to work on Saturday AM.

The Savage is down right now for rear tire (with a complicator of needing a new rear axle and nut because the nut threads galled up on me when I removed it this last time and they ripped up the axle threads too).

I keep a spare bike for jest these type cases.   I am "good to go" riding on the One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater   (Virago XV535 Yamaha).  

Her Purple Majesty would be a more civilized ride up on the Parkway anyway  --  the Silver Surfer only has one running speed and that is like 30+ mph too fast for the Parkway.

I'm in .....  for a low bed with pillow and AC and shower facilities

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1172 - 07/23/10 at 16:26:36

Yeah, a honey do list with undone items on it ....

I remember what she said in the pool "If you don't wreck your bike this time, then you can go back again."

Grin   Grin   Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1173 - 07/23/10 at 20:27:49

Thanks BigZuk   ,  I put your number in my phone but hope only to call ya when the Bugers are Hot.

John sorry ya can't make it .... I doin't know what we are going to do for a "VOICE OF REASON".

OK , so the count is

OldFeller (air conditioner) Looking forward to seeing the 535 ?
MidnightRider
Senenity
MM Ranch

The six bed room is only $10 more that the four bed one.

I'll wait till Monday to call the folks at Little Switzerland.  Old Feller the Camper Cabins are only for sleeping, bath house is like the dragon Campsite .... I doin't know if they are airconditioned?   If not would you need , for me , to check other  area rooms ?  

Heck I'll check anyway just for "WhyNot".

I just looked about thrusday night room.   Red Carpet in Lenoir, NC --- 4 persons $61.20 total w/cont.breakfast.    thats 20 miles off the parkway at the  295 mile marker  

we started at the 415 mile marker +- a few  Cool

« Last Edit: 07/23/10 at 22:12:32 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1174 - 07/24/10 at 05:22:36

Camper cabins six up = lowest cost per person if we can find enough folks to fill it up.

That's fine with me, I really don't need AC to take a shower.    Grin

Find out if the camper cabins are AC'd though as it will be knocking on 100 degrees during the day and will likely hover around 75-80 degrees (w/humidity) at night.    Also find out if they supply pillows and linen and such like stuff (if you don't ask you won't know)

I bet the six up camper cabins are bunk beds -- dibs on a lower bed.

Be careful about them separate beds now -- we don't want no echos of banjo music on this here "upper crust" civilized type trip.

Serenity and Midnight will have to be the voices of reason on this trip,  MMRanch, BigZuk and I have to much right wrist to have any "reasonableness" left to us.

=========================

My wife has stated her price for this new trip -- next Wednesday I take her to the coast to see the new Aquarium (wherever the flip that is ....)

=========================

Toymaker, mention this to your wife how mine "got what she wanted out of me" by simply stating what she really wanted to go do.    Women love a good idea from another woman -- it might break you free to go with us.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #1175 - 07/24/10 at 05:47:19

Voice of reason, I'm riding my Ninja ah,ha,ha,haaaaaaa  Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1176 - 07/24/10 at 06:06:13

OK, I count 4 people making positive sounds right now fer a six man cabin.    

(Zuk sez he'll sleep in his own bed at home each night)

We is now shopping for rider #5 & #6.

Toymaker is a dubious maybe, so let's start beating the bushes .....

==============================

Lancer, you get me that axle shipped on up right quick like and I'll put the Silver Surfer back into play and you can drive your car or truck up to Fayetteville and leave it parked for a few days while we are out riding.

I'll ride the Purple People Eater and you can ride the Stage II Cam in the Surfer and you can jest plumb Rexify all them poor old boys a little bit and jest get it on & all out of your system.  

I will attest the Silver Surfer can take the trip without going tits up on you as she has done it flawlessly several times now (and she has already kicked the stuffing out of all of the other bikes attending, including Toymaker's 900 should he manage attend by the "let's make a deal" wid the wife scenario).  

So, the world beating Rexification type bike is provided if you can spring free the time to attend.

And, if you jest happened to bring a truck or a trailer with you, why, we could actually tow both bikes up there in style and be all nice & relaxed & fresh & frisky when we get there .....     (got me a loading ramp for a truck)

(no back pain from the extended trip to get there -- wouldn't that be nice for once ??)

Grin   Grin   Grin

Speak up quick, old son -- these plans they do boil on up and over the edges of the pot ....

CHANGE, that sneaky little biatch, she comes up quick like on them quiet little slippered feet

« Last Edit: 07/24/10 at 07:15:47 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1177 - 07/24/10 at 07:59:16

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 07/24/10 at 06:06:13:
OK, I count 4 people making positive sounds right now fer a six man cabin.    

(Zuk sez he'll sleep in his own bed at home each night)

We is now shopping for rider #5 & #6.

Toymaker is a dubious maybe, so let's start beating the bushes .....

==============================

Lancer, you get me that axle shipped on up right quick like and I'll put the Silver Surfer back into play and you can drive your car or truck up to Fayetteville and leave it parked for a few days while we are out riding.

I'll ride the Purple People Eater and you can ride the Stage II Cam in the Surfer and you can jest plumb Rexify all them poor old boys a little bit and jest get it on & all out of your system.  

I will attest the Silver Surfer can take the trip without going tits up on you as she has done it flawlessly several times now (and she has already kicked the stuffing out of all of the other bikes attending, including Toymaker's 900 should he manage attend by the "let's make a deal" wid the wife scenario).  

So, the world beating Rexification type bike is provided if you can spring free the time to attend.

And, if you jest happened to bring a truck or a trailer with you, why, we could actually tow both bikes up there in style and be all nice & relaxed & fresh & frisky when we get there .....     (got me a loading ramp for a truck)

(no back pain from the extended trip to get there -- wouldn't that be nice for once ??)

Grin   Grin   Grin

Speak up quick, old son -- these plans they do boil on up and over the edges of the pot ....

CHANGE, that sneaky little biatch, she comes up quick like on them quiet little slippered feet

you got yourself a deal there dude !

sign me up on the definite list guys

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1178 - 07/24/10 at 08:06:07

Lancer, got truck?   Got truck and trailer?    I may have an extra person from work if we have conveyance for 3 bikes, or I can ride one as the case may be.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1179 - 07/24/10 at 08:10:35

Still shoping for best deal on second night (Wensday)

I have emailed about cabin ,   tent sites are easy to find with indoor bath , and   privite showers.

will find cabin if I can.  

Start place is for sure, motorcycle campgroundhttp://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/#
Time after breakfast and gear packed up +- 9'30 -10:00 ish

direction North on Parkway to the Diamondback and beyond http://www.diamondbacknc.com/

checking on Boone for Cabin with bunk beds   might have to go with camping gear. ??? http://www.flintlockcampground.com/

« Last Edit: 07/24/10 at 14:59:34 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1180 - 07/24/10 at 08:26:00

HAVE TRUCK (1 or 2 bike) + SMALL TRAILER THAT CAN JUST BARELY FIT ONE SAVAGE OR SIMILAR SIZED BIKE
so 3 capable
truck has 2 seats in front and 2 small jumpseats behind good for small person or child

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1181 - 07/24/10 at 08:56:28

MM, you got six now so you can be flexible on the rooms -- we may soon have 8 and best served by multiple 4 person arrays.  

Don't abandon your original place if we can stay in two 4 person cabins ...

Rooms/cabins/apartments, beds

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1182 - 07/24/10 at 09:15:16

Lancer,  the truck and the trailer sound good to me.   Bill will be asleep laid out over the jump seats in the back of the truck anyway as he will be coming off a 10 pm to 6:00 AM shift, getting into the truck and trying to catch a nap on the way up type of thing.

Bill is about my age, about your size, similar personality to you -- you'll understand him pretty much inside 10 minutes as he is a lot like us.  He'll be riding a CB550 which is light nimble and can keep up with a crowd of Savages jest fine.

Best plan for you might be to drive up Tuesday Aug 3rd aiming at 5:00 PM arrival time.   Once you are here we can sweep out to get a bite to eat, then come back and load the bikes onto trucks and trailers.   Bill will already have his bike there and he says he has some tie down stuff to provide in addition to what you and I may have available.

You and I get a good night's snooze in a bed and Bill shows up at 6:10 AM and we leave.

We unload and ride when we get there .....

Wednesday .... travel & ride

Thursday .... ride all day long

Friday ... ride back to the truck/trailer from wherever we are,  at noon we load the bikes back up and head back to Fayetteville, and unload the bikes before dark.   If you are tired or torn up in the back (which is likely BTW, I wuz a little tuckered after the last trip) you can stay over to recover a bit and get back to SC on Saturday if that's what you want to do.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1183 - 07/24/10 at 09:56:11

Bed count currently is:

MidnightRider
Senenity
MM Ranch
Lancer
Bill
Oldfeller

(with Bigzuk commuting from home each day)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: This Year's Tail of the Dragon Tripl
Reply #1184 - 07/24/10 at 11:15:27

The cabins at Little Switzerland are gone they offered High Dollar  Coolcampground.  
I'm checking up in Boone NC .  just off the parkway.  Lots of camping room and privite showers, indoor plumming.  and   mabby  cabins (waiting for return email now  .http://www.flintlockcampground.com/
Cool Cool

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 22:52:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.