Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just a pic (Read 178 times)
Rock_Steady
YaBB Newbies

Get off my lawn!

Just a pic
10/13/08 at 12:43:55

No idea what happened to the color on this, but just wanted to post a pic of what I'm riding.  Only mods so far are some new pegs to give me a little more legroom, the schwinn bike computer, big crank battery and the airhawk seat.

The blue color to everything is throwing me off, but its a cell phone camera, what can I say?  Hoping to find a seat that will help me without needing the airhawk, don't like the way it looks and the help is marginal.  Turns a 25 mile seat into a 50 mile seat, if I'm not sitting in traffic.  I think if the bike is to make it through another season some forward controls might be in the works, and rejet/muffler/oldfeller filter.  

Thanks to everyone from the site for thier wisdom, in August I was a total noob and now I'm a daily work rider that is a total noob.

Good....Bad....I'm the one with the gun.
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Re: Just a pic
Reply #1 - 10/13/08 at 13:32:02

Is that a '00 or a '96?

If you're tall enough to want forward controls you might be up for what I did to my bike. I replaced the seat with a V-Star saddle seat. It sits about you about 3" inches higher and shifts you back a couple inches overall. and it's so much more comfortable. I've logged two round trips to Miami, FL and one to NC from southern MN on that seat with nothing extra under me. There were a more than a few 500+ mile days and a couple over 600. I did get a saddle size gel pad, but the improvement is marginal except for some vibration dampening at highway speeds. Spent all that extra money and then tend to forget to pick it up on the way out the door.

You want comfort you've got to go wider for the seat in my opinion. I'm not a total porker, but even so there needs to be some support for more than just the boys and the butt-bone.

Jack

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #2 - 10/13/08 at 13:35:56

Just looked at your picture again. With that little crash bar up front there, why not get an extra pair of pegs on it so you can put your feet up when out on the road?

Jack

IP Logged
Rock_Steady
YaBB Newbies

Get off my lawn!

Reply #3 - 10/13/08 at 16:25:21

Well, I have tried throwing my feet up on the crash bar - its basically just like having your feet ont he pegs, but up higher.  My legs are still really bent, like a 90 degree angle while they are on the regular footpegs - I'm 6'3" and about 280.  Why yes, I do look like a knuckle dragger while I'm on the bike.  Smiley  

It's a '96.  Have you posted any pics of the V-star saddle on your bike?  I'd like to see that.  Sounds like a great mod.

IP Logged
Ian
YaBB Newbies

1995 LS650, 2008
FLHRC

Northern Virginia
Reply #4 - 10/15/08 at 08:12:25

Hey Rock_Steady, where did you get the footpegs.  need some for my daughter's 1995.  thanks.

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #5 - 10/15/08 at 08:59:52

Well, since you're a rocker and all, you'll appreciate the kinda grunge look my bike's taken on over the last couple of years. Here it is before things started getting scratched, rubbed and and becoming lived on looking.

http://bikepics.com/members/jazzcarter/00savage/

I asked about the year because the previous owner had laid the bike down at one time. Top of one shock was bent and the tank didn't quite match the yellow of the 2k I had bought. When I saw your decal it matched my old stock tank.

Jack

IP Logged
Rock_Steady
YaBB Newbies

Get off my lawn!

Reply #6 - 10/15/08 at 09:19:54

Got 'em off Ebay, Ian - I will have to send you a message with the details.  Guy on there sells them specifically for the savage.  

Nice pics, I need to have a bit more mechanical ability before I go modding hardcore like yourself.  I'd like to do some comfort stuff but it is my wife's learner bike too so I can't go too crazy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 23:20:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Just a pic

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.