Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wooo-hoooo!  Current mods done! (Read 236 times)
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Wooo-hoooo!  Current mods done!
10/09/08 at 15:47:45

I just got done with my current set of mods!  I got my Jardine slash-cut muff, Lancer air filter, and Lancer jet kit on the bike.  Fantastic!  I took it for a test ride around the neighborhood, and it already seems to pull better.  Plus there was not even a puff when I shut it off.  I am now about to get out and start putting some miles on it.  I was not able to adjust the pilot screw like I would like, the PO buggered it up when they drilled out the brass plug.  I will get another one and go from there.

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Re: Wooo-hoooo!  Current mods done!
Reply #1 - 10/09/08 at 16:21:04

Good news. Now we want to see a Utube video of you riding a wheelie on your Savage and smoking past a bunch of Harleys fron a stoplight.  Wink

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 10/09/08 at 18:34:52

I am not quite there yet.   Shocked  I still have to put the bike on a diet and lose another 40 lbs.  Then I will need to do a chain conversion and put a hot cam in it.  However, while I was riding tonight, I realized that I do need to do some more tuning on the pilot screw.  It is idling quite rich.  I will get to that on Saturday morning, hopefully.  

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/09/08 at 19:34:20

steely wrote on 10/09/08 at 15:47:45:
I just got done with my current set of mods!  I got my Jardine slash-cut muff, Lancer air filter, and Lancer jet kit on the bike.  Fantastic!  I took it for a test ride around the neighborhood, and it already seems to pull better.  Plus there was not even a puff when I shut it off.  I am now about to get out and start putting some miles on it.  I was not able to adjust the pilot screw like I would like, the PO buggered it up when they drilled out the brass plug.  I will get another one and go from there.

How do you like the sound of your Jardine?  

IP Logged
Brad_THMP3R

Fighting for Iraqs
Freedom

Hampton Roads, Va
Reply #4 - 10/10/08 at 02:47:24

I just put the Jardine on mine (thanks Spencer) and it sounds amazing. Not an "almost dragster" sound I thought it would be but instead, a deep, nasty, I'll kill you kind of sound. Big singles rock. The highs don't resonate but get killed by the baffle, and it seems all the lows get through... until you open it up, then it sounds like the world is collapsing. Mine is louder than my buddies sporty with drag pipes.

Jardine slashcut - oldfeller filter - 52 pilot, 152 main - no spacer - ngk iridium plug - olive drab paint - no head covers - respect brotha! I'll eat you!
WWW   IP Logged
Snowbum
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oklahoma City
Reply #5 - 10/10/08 at 07:36:41

The Jardine is pretty cool, mine is louder than my buddies geezer-glide, and it is nice sounding too.

Scott

snowbum78   IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #6 - 10/10/08 at 07:55:03

Brad_THMP3R,

Glad the Jardine lives again!
Seviersavage, aka Spencer

IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 10/10/08 at 14:19:22

I like the sound of the Jardine a lot.  It is marginally louder than the MAC that I took off and seems to emit a deeper sound.  The pipe is built out of heavier material than the MAC and the chrome appears to be of better quality.

The new filter makes more noise than the original air box and filter assembly.  I get an intermittent whistle (almost a chirping sound) as the air is drawn in for each cycle of the piston.  It is not loud, but it took a little getting used to.

« Last Edit: 10/10/08 at 22:18:32 by steely »  

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
blacksheep23

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/10/08 at 16:42:39

What's the setting u put on ur jet kit.
I used 55 main and the pilot that came with it.I adjusted the idle screw 1/4 turn counterclockwise.Now it seems like there's backfiring on low rpm but no backfiring on high rpm and it happened intermettintly.When I used the 152.5 main and stock pilot,w/o adjusting the idle mixture, it runs good but still backfire like stock.

What's y'all setting like?

IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 10/10/08 at 22:15:16

I am not sure what the pilot screw setting is.  I am going to mess with that in the morning.  I have a 55 pilot jet, half spacer, and a 155 main in the carb.  I think that the PO turned the pilot screw out (richer) when he put the MAC exhaust on.  I am going to turn it back to 1.5 turns out and then go from there in the morning.  I don't get any sort of backfire when shutting it off.  There is occasionally a bit of a "chuff", but no shotgun blast anymore.  There is quite a pleasing burble when I close the throttle at speed.

Like I said, I know I am running rich at idle.  I will post more info when I have it tomorrow.

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 10/12/08 at 13:25:29

After tuning on the pilot screw, I have it set at 1 3/4 turns out.  It runs beautifully, and I no longer have the "lean surge" at speed.

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 19:31:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wooo-hoooo!  Current mods done!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.