Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Battery/Starting Problems (Read 16 times)
Luke
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

State College, Pa
Battery/Starting Problems
10/06/08 at 20:41:45

hey,
Having a problem with my dads savage. he doesn't ride it much so when i usually start it up i have to charge it then it fires up.  well went for a nice 70 mile ride yesterday and stop to get gas, fill up, and when he goes to start it nothing. when he first turned the ignition on the lights came on but when he hit the start everything went off and it didnt crank.  luckily we were only 2 miles from home when it happened so we jumped it and rode it home. once we got home and turned it off it did the same thing. any idea on what to look at or is it just a died battery?  his bike usually only gets 2 or 3 cranks before it weakens because it doesn't get ridden much when i'm not home and then i charge it and it starts up.  the battery has never just died like that before, esp. after a ride.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Battery/Starting Problems
Reply #1 - 10/06/08 at 21:02:15

What year is the bike? Sounds like a very tired battery from your description of riding habit and constant charging. Pull battery out and check fluid, if low, re-fill with distilled water and charge, if that doesn't work, probably has a dead cell and the battery will need re-placing.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:25:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery/Starting Problems

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.