Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HeadLight Rattle (Read 70 times)
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
HeadLight Rattle
09/30/08 at 12:17:27

Sorry to post a thread when i know there is already one somewheres?

I am looking for the page on HeadLight Rattle?

thanks in advance
Chai

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: HeadLight Rattle
Reply #1 - 09/30/08 at 14:27:41

Now that you fixed your speedo rattle, you are likely to hear some of the other rattles and knocks that were being drowned out before by the louder & more persistent speedo rattle noises that you just fixed.

====================

There is a headlight rattle -- take the two screws off on the bottom of the headlight and take the ring assembly off the hollow housing.  First, make sure all your loose wires, guts and connectors are being held down correctly by the wire ties & such and are not kicking around loose.   Tuck them in nicely and tighten those wire ties down over them to hold them properly in place.

Any remaining headlight rattle most likely comes from the single steel hook on the top side of the ring assembly where it has made itself some vibratory clearance to the single ribbed boss on the top of the plastic hollow housing.  Apply a dab of red silicone gasket sealant to the sheet metal hook so when you put it together it makes a silicone rubber buffered seal to the ribbed plastic boss.   You will be able to take this apart later, just go gently when you go about doing it as that piece of plastic is worth WAY TOO MUCH MONEY -- so please don't force it and break it.   The silicone will let go first, be patient.

====================

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #2 - 10/01/08 at 04:31:13

thanks man... will try to fix this ... over the coming weekend...

will be looking at that speedo cable also.. i now know for sure its something up in there because i hit a large dip in the road yesterday without any throttle and i heard the same noise vibrate like something was jiggling or loose.. same sound ...
would make for such more of a pleasent ride without this rattle noise..

again thanks
chai

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
hands2005
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

North Carolina
Reply #3 - 10/01/08 at 16:34:18

if you have a windshield  the headlight rattles more.  I   took my headlight out and  put some foam  rubber behind it and  now the  wires  don't bang against the  housing causing the rattle

Proud ower of a 2007 Suzuki S40!!!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:26:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HeadLight Rattle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.