Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I've been speaking with Sivert Raask (Read 170 times)
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
I've been speaking with Sivert Raask
09/22/08 at 06:59:47

I contacted Sivert Raask this past week and discussed the high cost of Raask muffler systems in North America. I've seen prices quoted by the distributor of $600.00+ and mentioned to Sivert that many of us are interested in his product but not at those prices. He stated that that is a very high price to be paying. I asked Sivert if it would be possible to get an order drop shipped to a forum member in the US at a reasonable/affordable price. He has asked me for copies of any e-mails/correspondence from his distributor where I can verify these high costs.

Does anyone have something that they could can send me?   Can anyone verify the high prices quoted from the US distributor? If so send me a PM.

This could benefit quite a few of us.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Re: I've been speaking with Sivert Raask
Reply #1 - 09/22/08 at 15:15:45

Nobody?

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #2 - 09/22/08 at 15:18:14

I've never even tried to price a Raask so I can't help you there. Sorry. But it would be good if others could help you out with what you need. Maybe it can help stop these distributors from making those outrages mark ups.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #3 - 09/22/08 at 15:52:54

i believe it was omars that was selling at a high price. they sell alot of street tracker parts.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 09/22/08 at 17:24:35

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 08/06/08 at 10:39:21:
Just an FYI... I checked with the US retailer for Raask... The pipe now runs $650 delivered...

Ouch!

Rockin_John wrote on 08/29/08 at 10:46:32:
Just talked to Ed Morton who now own's/runs "Omar's rear-sets" which is the exclusive importer of Raask gear from Sweden.

He gave me the price breakdown on all of the pipes as of now:

Drag pipe: $370  + $125 shipping

Any of the other header pipe and muffler combos: $490  + $125 shipping

Kind of steep due to cost of material/labor in Sweden, plus all their export and shipping costs being very high. However, they are made of good Swedish steel and double nickel plated before chroming; and that's about as good as it gets.

He's supposed to email me the price of the new luggage rack shown on Raask's site, as he forgot to get it from them.

Plug for the guy: Ed Morton PH: 952-224-9990   ... Minnetonka, MN 55345

Don't think I can afford anytime soon, but for you folks made out of $$$ there ya go!!!  Grin

KwakNut wrote on 08/27/08 at 05:41:46:
LANCER wrote on 08/27/08 at 04:44:46:
Wow, very nice looking metal !  I really like the Minizoom, but the Roadster and Decibel are also good looking.  The company needs to do something about the high cost.  There are lots of very good systems for twins that don't cost that much.

I think it all adds up with exchange rates, export duties and very high shipping costs from Sweden to the US.

I got my Raask in England for £180, about $350, and I was told by a poster on here that they were nearly $700 by the time they get to the counter in the US.  Somebody is making too much money there.

doc5446 wrote on 08/26/08 at 20:40:36:
A while back I was looking at a Raask 50mm drag and it was $650 and you needed a quote from them for shipping costs from Australia. I really would like to have that pipe though...

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:36:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I've been speaking with Sivert Raask

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.