Send Topic Print
exhaust question (Read 92 times)
03svrider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

exhaust question
09/18/08 at 17:49:21

does any body know the outside diameter of a stock 05 s40 exhaust header where the muffler attaches. i want to know so i can see if these cheap slip ons from jc whitney will slide on without too much trouble. thanks.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: exhaust question
Reply #1 - 09/18/08 at 17:55:59

1 and a half inches

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: exhaust question
Reply #2 - 09/22/08 at 17:25:07

How do I get the stock muffler off?  I've removed the two nuts where the muffler mounts to the frame.  I've also loosened up the two 12mm bolts- the one for the clamp and the other one close to the oil window.  I can't get enough play in the muffler to get the two mounted bolts in the muffler bracket to pull out and clear the frame mount in order to slide the muffler backwards and off.  Am I missing something here or do I just have to manhandle it?

[edit] Nevermind.  I loosened up the header bolts and it gave me just enough play to pull the muffler off.

There's a link on the Table of Contents page for sportster muffler install but all the photobucket images are gone- unavailable.  That's the exact how-to I need right now.  Can anyone point me to another good sportster muffler install with pics?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:32:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › exhaust question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.