Send Topic Print
Savage Stereos (Read 216 times)
ChrisSavage
YaBB Newbies

Lazy Bones

Columbus, OH
Savage Stereos
09/03/08 at 18:01:32

Okay, my mind is wandering and my wallet is wavering, but I'm thinking it'd be fun to put a stereo on my savage. I'm thinking a low-power car stereo hidden in my empty tool box and fab up some speaker mounts/boxes. (Playlist off an iPod or something. I can't see a head unit on this bike.)

Anyone ever do this or have any suggestions?

Also, do I have enough power to work with to draw another 150+ watts of power?

IP Logged
SavageGreaseMonkey13
Ex Member

Re: Savage Stereos
Reply #1 - 09/03/08 at 18:55:36

just buy a supertrap or jardine muffler and that will be all the sweet tunes you need. radios belong in cars but thats just me.

IP Logged
Brad_THMP3R

Fighting for Iraqs
Freedom

Hampton Roads, Va
Reply #2 - 09/03/08 at 19:17:31

SAY WHATTT!!??!?? A stereo? it may work. I personally have found myself singing to the wind wishing I had some tunes also. Just wire it up and turn it on
Smoke = Bad
Sweet home Ala... = Good Wink

Jardine slashcut - oldfeller filter - 52 pilot, 152 main - no spacer - ngk iridium plug - olive drab paint - no head covers - respect brotha! I'll eat you!
WWW   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #3 - 09/03/08 at 19:30:45

I personally started out riding with music....so I love it!
(Not on the Savage though)

I think someone here has added music!
Maybe they will post and answer the questions Wink

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 09/03/08 at 19:32:05

Yep, every savage is equiped with 28 kilowatts of raw thumping power, muted by the FCC as being absolutely obsceen.

Why listen to chicka boom chicka boom... when thump thump thump BRA A A A A A rap pa pa BRA A A A A A rap pa pa.... is so much more appealing.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #5 - 09/04/08 at 03:55:13

Do a search within the site. I think the electronics has been covered before, on a previous post regarding adding lights. My best recolection is that the Savage electrical is pretty taxed at stock config.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 09/04/08 at 06:34:32

ive installed  a UNIQCYCLE system sounds great. mp3/mini jack to a 75W per ch amp, pair of 4" chrome housed handle bar mounted speakers..only electrical issues is when im parked and leave the system playing for too long...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
ChrisSavage
YaBB Newbies

Lazy Bones

Columbus, OH
Reply #7 - 09/04/08 at 07:11:00

I was looking at systems like that one but I figured I'd save myself $150 at least and put it together myself.  Tongue

I can get a 100w+- car audio amp for about $30 if I bother looking and I know I'd love to put a set of Infinity speakers on a bike. I swear by them in cars, as do my friends. Those can be costly though...   Smiley

IP Logged
Puddle Pirate
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Island, NY
Reply #8 - 09/11/08 at 16:12:53

Interesting reading and then I got curious. I found a stereo system on line from Gooddeals18.com.  It's a 100W system with a built in FM radio. Ordered it. Came the next day, installed it in about 1 hour. Absolutely terrific. Even with a full face helmet, it's loud and clear. Cost, 94.00 plus 8.00 shipping. It's on sale this week for 87.00!
The unit is a Shark brand. Just google  shkcycleradiokit. Well worth the money and it looks great. Mounted the speakers on my mirror bracket and slipped the amp into my saddle bag.(It didn't fit in my tool compartment like I planned).

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 09/12/08 at 07:03:05

Puddle Pirate wrote on 09/11/08 at 16:12:53:
Interesting reading and then I got curious. I found a stereo system on line from Gooddeals18.com.  It's a 100W system with a built in FM radio. Ordered it. Came the next day, installed it in about 1 hour. Absolutely terrific. Even with a full face helmet, it's loud and clear. Cost, 94.00 plus 8.00 shipping. It's on sale this week for 87.00!
The unit is a Shark brand. Just google  shkcycleradiokit. Well worth the money and it looks great. Mounted the speakers on my mirror bracket and slipped the amp into my saddle bag.(It didn't fit in my tool compartment like I planned).
i was looking at those systems wish they were on sale when i bought..good job!!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 09/12/08 at 07:07:19

I don't have stereo,It's mono the exhaust.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
ChrisSavage
YaBB Newbies

Lazy Bones

Columbus, OH
Reply #11 - 09/12/08 at 10:24:34

I gave up on this a few days ago!

Also, my factory, uhhh, stereo needs replaced soon. The exhaust whistles louder than the engine sounds. Really, my bike blows by like a football coach down three touchdowns at half-time. Loud. Except with a whistle.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #12 - 09/12/08 at 10:32:01

ChrisSavage wrote on 09/12/08 at 10:24:34:
I gave up on this a few days ago!

Also, my factory, uhhh, stereo needs replaced soon. The exhaust whistles louder than the engine sounds. Really, my bike blows by like a football coach down three touchdowns at half-time. Loud. Except with a whistle.

Loud.... LOL  .... Screaming Eagle clone turn-out,  pointed right at the car alone the side of the rode.   On the way to work I set of this one car alarm in a poorer neighbor hood.  A Lexus I think......

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
ChrisSavage
YaBB Newbies

Lazy Bones

Columbus, OH
Reply #13 - 09/12/08 at 10:43:49

I'd rather it was my engine that was loud! Continuing with the football thing, this sound is like a ref being tackled with a whistle in his mouth... I meant it whistles badly! The little putter of the engine is long lost.

I'd rather set off alarms than interrupt sports games. Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:30:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage Stereos

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.