Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Installing a Pro-Tac drivers backrest (Read 254 times)
sockmonkeygirl
Serious Thumper

37 Stitches

W.Mass
Installing a Pro-Tac drivers backrest
08/26/08 at 13:47:13

This was easy, and it fits like a glove.  No modifications necessary.  Bolts right onto your fender rails (either type, sissy bar or not)

The Pro Tac drivers backrest retails for $125 plus s/h, and can be obtained here:  http://www.protac.net/9201.html
(don't quote me on the price, though, as it might fluctuate.  I didn't see it posted on their website.)

I got mine on Ebay for $80 something, plus s/h

The only tools needed are a 12mm wrench and 12mm socket.  For some stupid reason, my husband and I roar with laughter when we can get a good shot of his slippers in the pic.  Maybe it's time for a pair of elephant slippers?  Or a big bear claw.   Cheesy

Simply unbolting the bolt, and applying the bracket, then rebolting/tightening firmly.  We used a couple of pieces of vinyl under the bracket to protect the finish on the fender rails.

Push the backrest into place.

Voila'.  Instant comfort!  I am 5'3" and chubby, he is 6' and slim.  We both love the feel.   By the way, I told hubby the group wanted more sexy pics, so he volunteered this one for us.  Smiley

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Re: Installing a Pro-Tac drivers backrest
Reply #1 - 08/27/08 at 17:25:49

sockmonkeygirl:  Do you find that the new backrest is positioned far enough back? I've seen pics of them mounted with a one piece seat and it looks like it would have me sitting too close to the tank. What do you think?

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #2 - 08/27/08 at 18:19:33

Someone else here not too long ago had the same backrest....just cant remember who Undecided

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 08/27/08 at 18:30:05

FreeSpirit wrote on 08/27/08 at 18:19:33:
Someone else here not too long ago had the same backrest....just cant remember who Undecided

Prophet 10  has his for sale in the Marketplace.... well a link to his eBay item.....   $100

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
sockmonkeygirl
Serious Thumper

37 Stitches

W.Mass
Reply #4 - 08/28/08 at 04:51:05

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 08/27/08 at 17:25:49:
sockmonkeygirl:  Do you find that the new backrest is positioned far enough back? I've seen pics of them mounted with a one piece seat and it looks like it would have me sitting too close to the tank. What do you think?

AL

My husband and I both think it is very comfortable.  I've seen your pic, and you probably would do well with it.  A quite large person may not fit so well.  

When I looked at it, it did appear to be pretty uptight and rigid, but  I want the backrest there all the time, for support and security as well as comfort.  So for me, it works out well.  It IS there all the time, right on your (my) back, but imo, very comfortable!  If you like to slouch or move around excessively, not for you.  

For $100 buy it now (incl. shipping) I'd grab it, and resell if you don't like it.  Also, you are close enough so you could come down and try mine if you'd like.  Smiley

IP Logged
trev0006

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/17/08 at 20:56:49

looks solid

Motorcycle and cars video collection
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home