Backrest vibration (Read 78 times)
suzukigrl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan
Backrest vibration
08/18/08 at 16:44:03

I got a suzuki backrest and installed it. Took my daughter for a ride and she complained that the backrest vibrated badly and was hurting her back. I figured she as just whining which would be normal for her. Then I got to think the other day and while driving about 55 I reached ack to just feel the vibration. To my surprise it was vibrating pretty good. Anyone know if this is normal or have a fix for it?

IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Backrest vibration
Reply #1 - 08/18/08 at 16:48:31

are all the bolts tight?  If they aren't, thats probably the problem.  If they are, consider putting in rubber washers around the fender bolts to absorb some of the vibration

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
suzukigrl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan
Reply #2 - 08/18/08 at 16:51:29

When I installed the backrest it told me to remove the rubber grommets. That didn't sound right to me. So should i put them back in?  Angry

IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #3 - 08/18/08 at 16:54:51

So its a bigger aftermarket bar?  I would try to get the grommets to go in with the new one, I would think metal on metal back there is just asking to be thrashed around.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
suzukigrl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan
Reply #4 - 08/18/08 at 16:58:50

Nope it's the suzuki s40 backrest and I have a 2007 s40. For some reason it said to remove the rubber grommets from the fender. I will try putting the grommets back in thanks for your help Robertomoe

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #5 - 08/18/08 at 17:47:35

I use my "cooler trunk" as a backrest.  It sits on the pillion pad and is braced against the sissy bar.  This is a hollow, five gallon cooler.  It vibrates so bad it makes my back itch.  I attached a 2-inch-thick piece of Nufoam and PRESTO!  No more vibration.  If the grommets don't cut it, you might consider a thicker or different pad.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/18/08 at 22:11:21

When I was riding with  my girl, I saw the rear fender on the Savage swinging from side to side as she pulled away. I had no idea it could vibrate that hard. Kinda explains the crack in the license playe.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 01:25:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Backrest vibration

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.