Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Electrical nightmare!!!!! (Read 139 times)
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Electrical nightmare!!!!!
08/15/08 at 13:23:05

So I got on the bike the other night and the lights started flickering... once I got it on the road... it went away..... I stopped at my local tat shop and when I got back on it I had no lights!

Went out the next day to drive it home and nothing... NO LIGHTS.... NO STARTER MOTOR... NO IGNITION...

I looked at it for a bit and realized the starter sylinoid grounded out... I could gap it and the bike would try to turn over but no spark...

New starter sylinoid and still nothing!!

I noticed that the white wire running to the right handlbar about 12" down was worn in-two and I spliced it... still nothing...

I suck at electrical...

HELP ME PLEASE!!! I NEED MY CHOPPER BACK ON THE ROAD!!!

:'(

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Electrical nightmare!!!!!
Reply #1 - 08/15/08 at 13:42:37

I had a similar problem with the FireLizard not too long ago. I found out that part of my wiring harness was rubbing against the drive belt and had rubbed it raw. After splicing it back together and using some zip ties to tie it away from the belt it worked perfectly.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
blacksheep23

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/15/08 at 13:58:25

have u check the fuses?

IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Reply #3 - 08/15/08 at 15:23:20

I am a complete Mo Mo.... one of the only two fuses on the bike blew... but now the starter button doesn't work! But I can cross the Starter sylinoid and it starts! I guess its bad after all! The lights are still a bit finiqy though!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/15/08 at 16:01:47

Major connector under tank, on top of frame. Hutch's worked completely apart.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Reply #5 - 08/15/08 at 16:21:31

I checked them... I pulled the wire harness completely off and looked it over.

1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #6 - 08/15/08 at 16:52:48

OK, something similar just happened to me - It stared where the bike would heasitate and backfire. Then, whenever I sat on the bike, the lights woould flicker and the bike would die - nothing!  

Turned out to be one of the connectors (green) under the seat had "kinda" seperated - I squose it back together and she's running fine.

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
lu09
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/16/08 at 23:10:45

1st2know wrote on 08/15/08 at 16:52:48:
OK, something similar just happened to me - It stared where the bike would heasitate and backfire.

This sounds EXACTLY like what what happened to me on the way home the other day. I was cruising along when the bike started to stutter and back fire and then it just died at 55 mph while I was tooling down the road. I had to push it a ways to a Dunkin' Doughnuts parking lot so I could leave it someplace "safe" until i could come back for it with a trailer, then call my wife to come pick me up in the car. That kind of sucked.

I haven't had a chance to open it up and take a look at it. I'm glad you posed this 'cause now I have a starting point; i was totally lost as to what the problem might be!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 08/16/08 at 23:31:44

Mine used to just die out, slow like, seemed like when I was slowing down. Once it died, the starter wouldnt work & I was never able to push it, But, I did put an Emergency start button under the frame in front of the seat. It will turn the starter over even if the key is in my pocket. Its just a tiny little No Current switch off the front of a dvd player, wired to the decomp solenoid timer. After that, I could always make it go again. It hasnt shut down on me in over a year, but Im still happy to have the switch.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #9 - 08/17/08 at 16:28:37

always check the battery!

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #10 - 08/17/08 at 16:29:41

always check the battery!

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 15:23:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Electrical nightmare!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.