Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Custom seat, rear-end question (Read 118 times)
Marin newbie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Custom seat, rear-end question
07/25/08 at 15:35:45

Just got certified as a new S40 owner! Now looking to customize just a bit with a single seat, and maybe a different, simple rear fender. See attachment for an example of pretty slick bike that gave me inspiration (maybe someone's out there???). So now what? Anyone know where to get the necc. parts to fit this bike w/o redoing frame, etc.  Any recommendation re seats?  Is this a job I can do (very rudimentary skilll level here) or would I need a custom shop?  If the latter, anyone have leads in SoCal? Any thoughts appreciated. Many thx.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Custom seat, rear-end question
Reply #1 - 07/25/08 at 16:17:36

Marin newbie wrote on 07/25/08 at 15:35:45:
...  a single seat ... w/o redoing frame, etc.  Any recommendation re seats?  Is this a job I can do ... leads in SoCal?  
The more I ride the more I'm liking my High Noon from Ultima, especially given the $50 tag for leather.  No reworking of either seat or bike.  Where in So Cal?  Maybe meet so you can sit on it?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/25/08 at 20:47:43

That is THE nicest invitation to 'Sit on it" I've seen.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Marin newbie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/25/08 at 22:01:42

Thanks, Paladin.  This was indeed a surprising and unexpected offer.  
Your rig looks pretty comfy and you certainly took some ingenious steps to get it in place.  I'm probably looking for something a bit more prefab, which may not exist, so let me explore this a bit and see what I find. I'll give a holler when I might be ready to test her out.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 07/25/08 at 23:27:03

It is all a matter of making the bike as comfortable as possible.  IMHO this is a safety issue -- being comfortable on the bike allows you to concentrate more on the traffic around you.

The stock seat is a compromise to fit a mythical average person.  By playing around on the seat mounting you can adjust it to a more perfect fit.    My seat, sprung rear and front pivot at 1.75" is near perfect for me.  Sluggo, a little shorter than I, has his rear fixed a little lower than mine, with a bouncy front.  (talking about the seat on the bike!)

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 07:37:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Custom seat, rear-end question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.