Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
McCuff - gas tank fill adapter (Read 633 times)
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Re: So how does that grounding work when you fill
Reply #15 - 07/29/08 at 12:32:19

marine5317 wrote on 07/29/08 at 12:24:32:
plastic can't be grounded, only metal can can be grounded. That's why a gas station is such a dangerous place . It's not the gas that's bad but fumes or vapors that causes the explosion. You have people using cell phones, maybe a guy walking around with an exposed nail in the heel of his shoe or a car rolling in with a nail or screw sticking out of his tire. Now you have the possibility of a spark. How many times have you seen some dimwit smoking in a car or around the car while it's be fueled. When I drove for Ashland Chemical I got to see many safety films and believe me a chemical explosion is not a pretty site.

That's why there is so much open space at a gas station, ventilation.  I saw a video where a guy was filling gas cans in the back of his pickup.  The vapors gathered in the bed, something sparked (friction or something) and the whole pickup bed went up with him in it.  Scary!  Main thing is ventilation, allow the vapors to dissipate.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: McCuff - gas tank fill adapter
Reply #16 - 07/29/08 at 13:22:11

Not an endorsement just stating some facts...

plastic can conduct electricity, either by a coating or additives to the material.

And throw a lit cig into a pool of gas and the cig will go out.

But vaporize that pool and mix it with air 14:1 and I wouldn't even want to fart in the general direction of that cloud.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #17 - 07/29/08 at 13:46:54

You guys are seriously taking all of the fun out of my new yellow rubber gadget... Tongue  speaking of fumes, that is about where my bike is at now so I should get a chance to use the McGoofy on my way home.  With a little luck, maybe I won't blow the entire gas station up.

"One mans McGoofy is another mans McCuff - its like pure magic in a yellow rubber gadget!"
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #18 - 07/29/08 at 19:15:01

"Hey there guys and gals. Tired of stale air in your tires letting you down? Smiley For a limited time you can get the new (yes new!) Stale Air Transfer System from Crapco! Be the first on your block to have fresh, new air in your tires! But wait, there's more! If you act now, we'll send you TWO, that's right TWO of our bonafided Stale Air Transfer Kits for the price of one! Hurry! Operators are standing by! This is a limited time offer! Se habla espanol!"

Oh man, I've gotta quit watching so much late night TV> Tongue

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #19 - 07/30/08 at 08:57:18

FWIW -- the metal tip of the gas pump's nozzle sticks out past the McCuff,  so that's where the metal nozzle should contact your metal gas tank, providing that much needed, if momentary, ground.

As for the lawnmower or boat tank -- just get it out of the vehicle and on the ground for filling.

Yup, I saw a demonstration of gasoline's explosive power at a Power Squadron boating course -- pretty impressive how much "Pop" was in just a few drops of gasoline vapor!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #20 - 07/30/08 at 09:58:43

outstanding.  I used the McGoofy yesterday and to my surprise, I did NOT blow up the gas station!  It also worked exactly as advertised.  Stuck it on the nozzle, filled up my tank, it clicked once and had exactly the amount of gas I like to put in my tank without me having to fart around with it at all.  Call me what you will but I think it is a handy thing to have.  Of course since I am wearing a full face helmet and  riding a big single in a world full of V-twins, shorts and half-helmets I consider myself a non-conformist rider anyway.  Grin

"One mans McGoofy is another mans McCuff - its like pure magic in a yellow rubber gadget!"
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #21 - 07/30/08 at 13:55:04

07S40rider wrote on 07/30/08 at 09:58:43:
outstanding.  I used the McGoofy yesterday and to my surprise, I did NOT blow up the gas station!  It also worked exactly as advertised.  Stuck it on the nozzle, filled up my tank, it clicked once and had exactly the amount of gas I like to put in my tank without me having to fart around with it at all.  Call me what you will but I think it is a handy thing to have.  Of course since I am wearing a full face helmet and  riding a big single in a world full of V-twins, shorts and half-helmets I consider myself a non-conformist rider anyway.  Grin

What?  No pics???  You need to do your own commercial (his sucks)!

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #22 - 07/30/08 at 17:39:13

07S40, I just gotta know...  Is that a picture of you next to all your posts?  I can't see it very clearly because of its size, but the tinfoil hat cracks me up.  We used to deal with a guy that would call 911 to report the aliens crawling through his duct work again and again.  Finally got him to wear a tinfoil hat, and that took care of them.  They couldn't track him with their scanners as long as he wore it.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #23 - 07/30/08 at 19:52:19

Is it twice as bad when you use a plastic gas can and plastic funnel too?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #24 - 07/31/08 at 09:35:07

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 07/30/08 at 17:39:13:
07S40, I just gotta know...  Is that a picture of you next to all your posts?  I can't see it very clearly because of its size, but the tinfoil hat cracks me up.  We used to deal with a guy that would call 911 to report the aliens crawling through his duct work again and again.  Finally got him to wear a tinfoil hat, and that took care of them.  They couldn't track him with their scanners as long as he wore it.

That is not a picture of me.  I dug that up on a google/images search one day due to a conspiracy oriented co-worker.  I get a kick out of it too and that is why I use it.

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #25 - 08/01/08 at 20:01:26

i have put out cigs in gasoline as well, always freaks people out. i don't smoke anymore, so i gotta find something new i guess. also mythbusters busted the cell phone/gas explosion thing.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #26 - 08/01/08 at 23:55:32

rigidchop wrote on 08/01/08 at 20:01:26:
i have put out cigs in gasoline as well, always freaks people out. i don't smoke anymore, so i gotta find something new i guess. also mythbusters busted the cell phone/gas explosion thing.

My kid has all those episodes on DVD.  Watching Adam work his "panty static generator" trying to blow up that gasoline cracks me up every time.  

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
savagejoe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 08/02/08 at 00:13:25

I work at a victory dealership. and we can't even sell them to them and some of them are really anal about thier bikes we ended up sending them back to the manufacturer

IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #28 - 08/02/08 at 11:27:19

savagejoe wrote on 08/02/08 at 00:13:25:
I work at a victory dealership. and we can't even sell them to them and some of them are really anal about thier bikes we ended up sending them back to the manufacturer

Either my Arkansas education is as bad as everyone thinks it is or I just slept through this part of english class.  If I read you correctly, you stock McCuffs (now known as the McGoofy) at your Victory dealership and can't sell them to your anal Victory customers?  If that is the case, I think it is just a matter of them being too 'manly' to carry around a goofy yellow rubber gadget.   Tongue

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #29 - 08/02/08 at 12:16:25

I just just ordered a McCuff just to see if it works.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 01:32:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › McCuff - gas tank fill adapter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.