Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
McCuff - gas tank fill adapter (Read 633 times)
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
McCuff - gas tank fill adapter
07/24/08 at 08:30:34

I thought I originally heard about these on this forum but I can't seem to find the thread.  Anyway, I just placed an order for one of these and as soon as I get it in I will give a quick review here for those interested.  If anyone has already used one and has some thoughts on it, I would love to hear about it.

http://www.mccuff.com/

"One mans McGoofy is another mans McCuff - its like pure magic in a yellow rubber gadget!"
  IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Re: McCuff - gas tank fill adapter
Reply #1 - 07/24/08 at 08:52:32

I hate the california vapor crap.  I always have to hold it back.  I dont know if I'd pay $20 for the convience though.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #2 - 07/24/08 at 08:54:11

Oh my.  I watched the entire video.  Now I need a shower.  I think that guy is a McCon man.  He's selling a $20 funnel, for Pete's sake.  I would spend your money on some Mcpaper towels, or better yet, use the free ones conveniently located right next to the gas pump.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go sharpen my veg-o-matic and oil my ab master. Grin

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #3 - 07/24/08 at 09:01:07

Whoa! Free carrying case included?

For my fillups, I just hold the nozzle in the tank and watch how many gallons I'm putting in. When I see it reaching the top, I stop.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #4 - 07/24/08 at 09:37:35

Ah, what can I say.  I am a sucker for gadgets.  Especially yellow rubber ones.   Grin  I'm not so much interested in it for the 'no spill' aspect but I do not enjoy standing their using both hands and hoovering above the tank continually clicking in .10 cents at a time for the last half-gallon of gas.

"One mans McGoofy is another mans McCuff - its like pure magic in a yellow rubber gadget!"
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 07/24/08 at 10:24:56

07S40rider wrote on 07/24/08 at 09:37:35:
...I do not enjoy standing their using both hands and hoovering above the tank continually clicking in .10 cents at a time for the last half-gallon of gas.  
I don't enjoy it, but it doesn't bother me.  I pull back the boot and just stick the tip of the nozzle into the tank.  Will admit I have to switch to my reading glasses to see the gas approach the top, but I'm within an ounce or three before I click off.  Only do the squeeze the last bit in if I'm on a trip and will be pushing that tank.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 07/24/08 at 10:36:45

If I had a hassle like that I bet I could find something to haul around a lot smaller than any funnel that would hold that sleeve back. We dont have them here( thankfully), but Ive seen them on TV & I think I could build a wire clip that would hold it back & be easy to haul around.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #7 - 07/24/08 at 21:53:39

I just took the blades out of the bottom of my old 'Bass-O-Matic' pitcher and use it a fill ups. I wonder if the old fish guts will clog the carb?

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 07/24/08 at 21:56:41

They shouldnt get past the screen on the petcork.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Bear_Rider

Reply #9 - 07/24/08 at 22:02:37

Man, oh man! Reading all this certainly makes me glad that I finally escaped from the People's Republic Of Kalifornia a decade ago. I remember having to stick my key under the lip of those contraptiions to get my cars to fill up correctly, and then of course there were the ones that would seem to work correctly and then upchuck all over the side of your vehicle when you pulled it out.

IP Logged
sockmonkeygirl
Serious Thumper

37 Stitches

W.Mass
Reply #10 - 07/25/08 at 06:47:25

I think it looks Mcstupid...and furthermore, what advertising exec decided to back up that commercial with Abba's "Dancing Queen?"  YIKES!   Shocked

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #11 - 07/25/08 at 08:08:28

sockmonkeygirl wrote on 07/25/08 at 06:47:25:
I think it looks Mcstupid...and furthermore, what advertising exec decided to back up that commercial with Abba's "Dancing Queen?"  YIKES!   Shocked

That's exactly what I was thinking...crappy commercial.  The commercial was more about the guy riding his bike than it was the thing he was trying to sell.  Maybe if it was a chick showing it off...but not that guy, he ain't no Billy Mayes!  And needs to throw in the.... "but if you order now..." to get our attention.  A chick and a 2-for-1 value...then maybe we would be interested.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Reply #12 - 07/29/08 at 09:44:06

I am a retired ORT truck driver. I pulled tankers hauling HAZMAT for years. This plastic funnel is a No-No! When discharging any flammable liquid from one container to another there has to be a completed ground to both containers. This plastic funnel makes this impossiable as it insulates the metal nozzle from the rim of the gas tank. Without a ground static electricy can upset your whole day! That' all I'm going to say about that!

IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #13 - 07/29/08 at 10:18:43

marine5317 wrote on 07/29/08 at 09:44:06:
I am a retired ORT truck driver. I pulled tankers hauling HAZMAT for years. This plastic funnel is a No-No! When discharging any flammable liquid from one container to another there has to be a completed ground to both containers. This plastic funnel makes this impossiable as it insulates the metal nozzle from the rim of the gas tank. Without a ground static electricy can upset your whole day! That' all I'm going to say about that!

So how does that grounding work when you fill up your 5 gallon plastic gas 'can' for your lawnmower?

IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
So how does that grounding work when you fill up y
Reply #14 - 07/29/08 at 12:24:32

plastic can't be grounded, only metal can can be grounded. That's why a gas station is such a dangerous place . It's not the gas that's bad but fumes or vapors that causes the explosion. You have people using cell phones, maybe a guy walking around with an exposed nail in the heel of his shoe or a car rolling in with a nail or screw sticking out of his tire. Now you have the possibility of a spark. How many times have you seen some dimwit smoking in a car or around the car while it's be fueled. When I drove for Ashland Chemical I got to see many safety films and believe me a chemical explosion is not a pretty site.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 23:53:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › McCuff - gas tank fill adapter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.