Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Fabricating my saddle bag supports. :) (Read 290 times)
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: Fabricating my saddle bag supports. :)
Reply #15 - 07/24/08 at 08:11:40

Perry - I'm pretty sure the mounting points are the same from the Savage to the S40. I mounted the Savage rails for the sissybar on my S40 and everything lined up properly.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #16 - 07/24/08 at 13:52:54

Ya could be right Simon ... must be my eyes or somethin' 'cause the S40 Bag bracket mounting points look closer together than those for the Savage pic'd on the 1st page of this Topic??

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #17 - 07/24/08 at 13:59:13

The Savage brackets are using different holes to mount the brackets on.

Compare the Savage:

and the S40:

The FRONT of the bracket on the Savage, is actually the REAR of the S40 bracket.

The REAR of the Savage brackets are using the rear hole in the fender. 4carb posted that in his first picture, where on the stock S40 that hole is filled with a grommet... I wonder if the original Savage rails included a bolt back there, instead of the grommet and "nipple" on the rail?

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #18 - 07/24/08 at 14:07:40

Hmmm... I just went through all of the years of Savage pics over on BikePics.com. It looks to me that ALL Savages came with a sissybar installed. I only found ONE bike that had non-sissybar rails posted, out of 100~ bikes, and those looked like the guy may have swapped S40 rails onto his bike.

That would explain the switch in design too... If the S40's would've all come with sissybars installed, they could've kept the design the same.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #19 - 07/24/08 at 14:18:54

That back mounting point is different, I've mentioned it before in the past and it seems I'm not believed. I have Savage rails here, the last hole on the fender is used for a bolt on the Savage. On the S40, there is a pin that is welded onto the side bar that slides into the hole in the fender with a gromet. No bolt on the last hole. I'm not saying they cannot interchange, just that there IS a production difference.

I think I'm going to order the S40 saddle bag supports, do it and be done. Smiley

This pic on Suzuki's site for accesories, shows the further ahead mounting for the saddle bag supports for the S40. http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accessories/detail.aspx?modelId=02c35834-7fdc-4fb...

07 S40
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #20 - 07/24/08 at 14:30:47

4carb - I've said the same thing as you... I've swapped my S40 rails for a set of Savage rails.

I agree with you 100% there IS a production difference.

From what the pictures tell me, that difference is that there were no non-sissybar rails for the Savage.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #21 - 07/24/08 at 14:37:14

BTW... Check our EBay for those brackets. I found several Suzuki dealers that are using EBay to sell their stuff, with a decent price cut.

I got the brackets for $59 compared to the $79.95 that was stamped on them MSRP.

http://stores.ebay.com/SUZUKI-PARTS-OUTLET

I got mine from this particular seller, although it looks like he's out of them.

There are some via this seller and you'll still get off cheaper than MSRP:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saddlebag-Supports-S40-05-06-LS650-up-to-04_W0QQitemZ3500...

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 09:19:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fabricating my saddle bag supports. :)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.