Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Sitting in nuetral at a stop (Read 545 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Sitting in nuetral at a stop
Reply #30 - 07/24/08 at 17:24:05

rokrover wrote on 07/24/08 at 14:10:23:
I heard of a fatality caused by being stopped in gear at the lights when the clutch cable parted at the ferrule just as the rider was gunning the throttle.  He was launched into the cross traffic with dire results.  This was back in the '60's when lots of things would break on ye olde Brit iron.  There are rare instances posted here of the clutch throwout cam breaking so you never can be sure.

That is why a pre-ride inspection should always be performed. Such an inspection would have revealed the state of his clutch cable.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 07/24/08 at 21:49:33

I watch my 6 until one of those lethal weapons comes to a complete stop, then if it's a long light I may put her in neutral.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #32 - 07/25/08 at 05:45:58

Those of you who wait until a car is stopped behind you to go into neutral - have you ever watched the eyes of people who are waiting to go at a light. Around here they watch the light. So ... if you have trouble getting it into first ... they aren't looking at you.  A lot of people watch the cross light to go yellow then red, they don't watch for their own green. This is especially true if the cross traffic has cleared the light. I guess the idea is that the whole line starts together.

This has led to rear end collisions when someone doesn't start up right away. Wouldn't be as bad as someone slamming into you when they don't stop, but it would probably still ruin your day.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 15:19:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sitting in nuetral at a stop

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.