Send Topic Print
Riding Gloves (Read 349 times)
slowfaller

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near Chicago, IL
Re: Riding Gloves
Reply #15 - 07/21/08 at 23:10:54

I'm happy with my all leather Icon Superduty.   The only complaint is the thumb isn't long enough and its a reach to use my blinker.  Not the gloves fault though I just have long, skinny fingers.

IP Logged
bonbon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 07/26/08 at 22:44:28

My boyfriend and I both love the Icon Pursuit - men's for him, women's for me.  They're the only gloves I could find that fit comfortably (I have long skinny fingers too, but my boyfriend doesn't), and while they're not cheap ($50), they are definitely worth it!  They come in plain leather and perforated - we have both.

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #17 - 07/27/08 at 02:10:18

My wife got me synthetic/leather combo Rhinobacks from a local hardware store. Though designed as work gloves, they function great as riding gloves. Padded palm, armored finger tops and back of hand, leather at palms and fingers; and they're perforated so as to be cool in summer. She hinted that there is another pair coming more suited to winter riding, for my b-day. The price was under $20, though she won't say exactly how much.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 07/27/08 at 05:37:03

slowfaller wrote on 07/21/08 at 23:10:54:
I'm happy with my all leather Icon Superduty.   The only complaint is the thumb isn't long enough and its a reach to use my blinker.  Not the gloves fault though I just have long, skinny fingers.

I dont know how short it is, but leather stretches. You might get it wet at the thumb & poke a cigar tube up in there, or something that wont just try to rip the stitching out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ed daugherty

"Leave the gun.
 Take the
cannoli."

Dallas, TX
Reply #19 - 07/27/08 at 08:54:47

I have a pair of mesh/leather palm firstgear gloves and they are great.  good for winter!  they have a rubber thing on the pointer finger that acts like a squeegee!  i would recommend some that have fleece inserts.  Alpinestar makes a great glove but they run about $60.   I had a pair i loved and I lost them one day  :'(

IP Logged
Hard Corps

Freedom is worth
facing your fears

Kansas City, Missouri
Reply #20 - 07/27/08 at 19:22:57

The best gloves I've ever owned were the ones I was issued in Iraq.  They're made by Southwest Motorsports, (recently acquired by Camelbak).  They're motorcycle gloves that the military found and decided were perfect for shooting, working, driving, etc.  I love them.  They have anti-vibration padding on the palm, a velcro strap and a loop of 550 cord at the wrist so you can clip your gloves to a carabiner on your gear so you don't lose them.  They're a bit pricey in the $40-50 range, but I wore mine daily in one of the harshest environments on earth and abused them like nothing else.  It took me a year of determined abuse to put a hole in them.  I cut the fingers off for hot days and bought another pair.  

You can google "CamelBak Impact CT Gloves" or find them here:
http://www.uscav.com/prod_16204_tabID_548

Black 2003, Bare-bones, Somewhere along Route 66, Marine Corps Sergeant
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #21 - 07/27/08 at 19:30:28

Darn...those look nice and comfortable!!

I'm saving the link Wink

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
daweise1

Old school, new
school, I cheated in
both.....

Pataskala (Cols.) Ohio
Reply #22 - 07/27/08 at 21:01:12

I just bought a pair of the Icon Pursuits also... Worn them for at least 12 hours this weekend and loved them... Worn the money

Dyna SE II Black muffler, HD Touring tank(6gals), Pingel petcock, HD Heel rest, Custom handlebars(Rock Chops), Adjure Flamed Headlight with spotlights, HD Flamed Signals, Oldys Gangster Fenders, Paint
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 01:38:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Riding Gloves

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.