Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Riding Gloves (Read 349 times)
flcruzr
Ex Member

Riding Gloves
07/20/08 at 06:18:25

Its time to get new riding gloves, does anyone have any gloves you like and would recommend?  I'm looking for comfortable leather gloves.  Thanks!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Riding Gloves
Reply #1 - 07/20/08 at 06:27:05

I have some that have gel in the palms,it seem to help some with the vibration,I don't know the brand.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #2 - 07/20/08 at 12:01:48

Mine are Joe Rocket - leather palms, but nylon backs - lets in some cool air on the hot days.  Knuckles and back have some sort of armor.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
07S40rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reply #3 - 07/20/08 at 13:15:02

I have the Gel Palm ones from FirstGear.  The gloves are comfortable, but the velcro on the strap is pretty low quality construction - the stiching is coming out on one of them after about 1 month of riding.

"One mans McGoofy is another mans McCuff - its like pure magic in a yellow rubber gadget!"
  IP Logged
BOWDIER

OCALA, FL
Reply #4 - 07/20/08 at 16:11:12

I'm looking also, seen a lot going fingerless

BOWDIER 2006 RED S40
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/20/08 at 17:09:42

I want fingers protected too. I l8ike having some "All Laether" gloves for rain, they work as a windshield wiper in the rain, like a chamois.
For dry, hot riding, there are tons of riding gloves out there, armored knuckles & padded palms.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 07/20/08 at 18:02:52

I only wear gloves below 65 degrees

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #7 - 07/20/08 at 18:06:40

Got a pair of fingerless Joe Rockets, a heavily insulated pair of Joe Rockets for the winter, and a pair of leather work gloves for cooler, but not cold, weather.  Sometimes I go gloveless because last summer I had tanned finger tips and a tanned oval on the top of my hands where the velcro strap went.

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
blacksheep23

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/20/08 at 18:46:18

I have joe rocket.So far I like it.

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #9 - 07/20/08 at 23:44:26

I've got a pair of some kind of dense mesh back/leather palm-inside of fingers work gloves I picked up at a national hardware chain store (Menards) that work great for me. They breath and absorb a bit of vibration. Get 'em a little big as they're much more comfortable, and as it gets cooler you can fit a thin pair of synthetic gloves in there for warmth. As a bonus they come in some different colors so these match the bike, more or less.

Jack

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 07/21/08 at 03:17:22

Go to Wal-Mart, Sporting Goods, Shooting Section, look next to Scopes and Camo stuff for deerskin shooting gloves.  These are gloves to be worn when firing a rifle, when light tactile touch means everything.

Very supple leather, same material as golf gloves but thicker material with an inner liner made of a fleece material.

These are not stone cheap, but compared to the Joe Rocket stuff they are less expensive and more practical.   My NC winters never get colder than they can cover, but they are too warm for summer use unless you are up in the mountains way up high.

Go check them out, biggest complaint from list members that tried this trick last year was that they didn't have all the sizes small-extra large.

These are the best riding gloves I have ever had (I use a medium).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Ian
YaBB Newbies

1995 LS650, 2008
FLHRC

Northern Virginia
Reply #11 - 07/21/08 at 10:19:07

i'd go with full-fingered gloves. that clutch level gets mighty hot sitting in the summer sun.  also keeps the sunburn off and the stingy stuff away that cages kick up.

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #12 - 07/21/08 at 11:17:50

I've got a set of these http://www.joerocket.com/productJR.cfm?products_id=1048 and they are good down to about 40 degrees even though they're vented.

My biggest issue with gloves is I can never find a set that fits my palms and the fingers not be about a 1/2 inch too long.  These are pretty close to perfect.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #13 - 07/21/08 at 11:27:13

For summer I ride in a pair of ICON "super duty" gloves. They are mostly deerskin. If I had to buy another pair right now, I'd try to just buy a replacement. These have got lots of miles on them. Been through lots of rain. They dry out quick, don't get too hot. They are shorties, so they let air flow up my sleeves for cooling. They are OK for riding in the cooler mornings, but I have gauntlets for late fall, early spring and heated gloves for winter - days when it isn't going to get near 70 degF.

IP Logged
craigq
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, ON
Reply #14 - 07/21/08 at 18:42:07

I have two pairs of gauntlet-style gloves, Joe Rocket GPX and JR Sonic's http://www.joerocket.com/productJR.cfm?products_id=165. I feel "safer" in the GPX than the Sonic's; when the GPX's wear out I think I'll get the GPX 2.0.

For shorter gloves I've got JR SuperMoto's http://www.joerocket.com/productJR.cfm?products_id=162. They are short but still feel substantial, though not as "safe" feeling as the GPX's.

For rain and cold weather I've got a pair of older JR something-or-others (I can't find the name anywhere on them), Dry-Tech, 70 gram Thinsulate etc. Looks like their current equivalent would be the Nitrogen http://www.joerocket.com/productJR.cfm?products_id=313.

I feel like a walking JR commercial...

2009 WR250R/X
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 23:26:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Riding Gloves

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.