Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Just got a question..about seats (Read 578 times)
Gort
Ex Member

Re: Just got a question..about seats
Reply #30 - 07/17/08 at 22:56:31

Toymaker wrote on 07/13/08 at 10:05:43:
nah not looking for a 40 buck cure-all.  I am wondering if a bigger bike...with a bigger seat is in the cards.  However...I just love my savage but I don't love the seat.

You will spend under $100.00 buying and installing this seat.  The long, soft springs cause you to gently bounce, no matter what the road is like.  The huge seat accommodates all arses.  Shock stiffness becomes irrelevant, in so far as your comfort is concerned.

http://www.richard-perry.com/HDSeat/HDPoliceSeatConversion.html

IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #31 - 07/18/08 at 16:58:02

I went ahead and raised the front of my seat 2 inches.  I used 3/8 pvc pipe to "take up the slack and used a 6mmX75mm bolt where the seat nose slips under.  AFter I fit them, I removed them and painted them black.  Then I took 3/8 inch dowel.  Pulled the rubber "stoppers" from under the seat, sanded the 3/8 inch dowel down so it fit in the holes where the stoppers were and slid 3/8 pvc pipe down.  Then I rubber cemented the stoppers into the ends of the 3/8 pipe.  That way the front of the seat isn't resting on the nose "hook", but on these two supports.  Painted the supports black and now it just looks normal.

The position of the seat makes you lean back a little and is like riding in a sling-like seat.  Lots of support and so far...no "hot spots".

Because I can!
  IP Logged
wango
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 07/18/08 at 17:58:58

Howdy all.  I have a Corbin Gunfighter seat on my Harley Davidson Fatboy, and it's awesome.  I rode from Michigan to Minnesota and back, 1600 miles round trip and it was great.  Far better than the stock Harley seat,  I don't know how well they work on Savages, but I'd bet that it would be a noticeable improvement.  My wife has a Savage, which is a nice bike, she loves it, but I can't raise the seat up, she is pretty short and doesn't want the seat any higher so I ordered a Corbin for it, I'll let you know what we think of it.

We just bought the Savage recently, used, and I'm amazed at how hard it is to find aftermarket or even factory accessories.  Anyone know any good websites for Savage accessories?  Also, I'm having her bike painted right now, and I'm thinking the backseat may not go back on, does anybody know of a slick way of covering up the top of the rear fender?  Or a good custom replacement rear fender? How about a good relocation point for the voltage regulator?  

Thanks

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #33 - 07/18/08 at 18:03:26

Wanna go bobber look on the rear?Trailer fender,move regulator between frame rails,some guys put it in the airbox.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #34 - 07/18/08 at 18:10:20

Wango,
What kind of Corbin seat are you ordering for your wife? A sportster?

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
wango
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 07/18/08 at 18:17:32

Yes, a Corbin Gunfighter for a Sporster, used from Craigs List for a 100 bucks.  I havent gotten it yet.

IP Logged
wango
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 07/18/08 at 18:23:08

Not full bobber, at least not right away.  I may try a couple different looks for it and see what she likes, this is her first bike.  I think they look nice with a solo seats, but the rear fender is kinda ugly when the seat is not on.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/03/24 at 04:11:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Just got a question..about seats

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.