Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I had no idea? A 400 cc Savage? (Read 678 times)
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Re: I had no idea? A 400 cc Savage?
Reply #30 - 11/10/08 at 06:55:06

Polar-Pilot is right, the 400 cc version was intended for the domestic Japanese market only.  Angry
Some of them were imported into New Zealand, Australia, and Chile in the late 1980's and early to mid- 1990's.   Roll Eyes Chilean regulations enacted afterwards prohibited used vehicles from being imported,  Angry and the result was a flood of Korean, Indian and Chinese bikes which are not aging nicely.  Sad
Parts for them are also scarce, expensive and not good. Even complete engines are for sale, brand new from the stealerships  Shocked

Argo:
My 1990 LS400 has a piston 88.0 mm in diameter and 61.0mm in height. I posted a reply from NZ on the other topic I have about this saga.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1223416096

My suggestion is that you keep an eye on the oil level, check the timing chain regularly (if you blow the top end, you will be in serious trouble), and clean the carburetor and fuel line every six months or so.

You have been riding this beauty already, so I won't tell you how much fun it can be.

Best,

RW

PS. By the way, nice looking lady!!

IP Logged
Argo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ukraine, Kiev
Reply #31 - 11/11/08 at 00:54:17

Thanks for info and advices!
My savage was also imported from Japan to Odessa (Ukraine). There is a shop which trades in the used motorcycles. I  do not even know what year of issue my savage. In documents 2000 is marked year Smiley but I know that it  is a lie. Simply in Ukraine it is forbidden to bring in the vehicles of transports more senior than 2000 of issue, otherwise there will be enormous taxes. My savage was in the not quite good state. some details of carburetter were rotten (I do not know how to translate the names of details into English, a dictionary is translated by a "float"), old and  very dry overlays. А good mechanic did some the work a few days with a savage, then I departed to good master which makes wares out of stainless steel. Now my motorcycle with the arcs of safety. And these arcs already declared oneself from a good side Smiley
last week purchased the new accumulator of VARTA, old died quite. When tried to lead a motor, black smoke went from a pipe.
In general in winter we will have a lot of work in garage Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #32 - 11/11/08 at 01:28:13

Argo wrote on 11/08/08 at 13:29:51:
Thank you guys for pleasant words!  I think that in spring in April will depart in the USA, in Sakramento, can be there are shops in which I will be able to find repair parts for a savage? my uncle and aunt live In Sakramento .
May be you know how many will cost a chain and sprockets for a savage? And how many will cost sending from America to Ukraine?

Argo, while you are here in Sacramento perhaps you could ask your aunt if she could sponser you to immigrate to the USA,we would love to have you.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Argo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ukraine, Kiev
Reply #33 - 11/20/08 at 11:27:51

Hello! I have one question. He a bit not on the topic, but possibly you will be able me to help. My friend Irina wants to buy a motorcycle Suzuki SV 650. I know that in America it is purchase cheaper, than in our country. There are some American web sites on the sales of motorcycles? Where it is possible to look prices and order a motorcycle?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:19:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I had no idea? A 400 cc Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.