Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I had no idea? A 400 cc Savage? (Read 678 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: I had no idea? A 400 cc Savage?
Reply #15 - 07/08/08 at 11:30:55

The hat was made out of Coors cans, cut up and knitted together.  The brim is flipped up in these pictures.  I think I bought it at some swap meet.

I was in the Navy then, in the days when beards were a part of the uniform!
Still have the beard, but now mostly grey.   Embarrassed  The length varies with my ambition to trim it and the pain caused by getting it caught in the helmet strap.   Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Hard Corps

Freedom is worth
facing your fears

Kansas City, Missouri
Reply #16 - 07/08/08 at 12:19:15

Youz- Those look like barracks buildings in the background.  Is that on a base?

Black 2003, Bare-bones, Somewhere along Route 66, Marine Corps Sergeant
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #17 - 07/08/08 at 12:28:07

Yep..  NAS Barbers Point, Hawaii

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
zilla
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/08/08 at 20:53:43

My first bike was a ts 250 too. 74 or 75... I was 16 and rode the snot out of that thing, solo or with a buddy on the back. Backroads, swamps and not yet opened freeways. Bought it with paper route money with 1400 miles on it. I'd delivered papers to the guy for over 3 years and finally asked about the bike under the visqueen in his garage. It never moved. He got it running and said he wanted $350 and I said I'd give him $300 and a month of free newspapers. Smiley He took it~! Had a friend drive it home because I had yet to learn to ride.  Shocked But I knew I wanted to and within a day I was tearing up my yard and the block. Flash 25 or so years later and I am getting back into riding and thought I wanted a 2 stroke dual purpose and got a nice RT 360. The thing beat me to hell so I got a Savage and sold the dirt bike and am whistling dixie since.  Cool

IP Logged
Argo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ukraine, Kiev
Reply #19 - 11/07/08 at 06:15:23

I have savage ls400, in my town only two such the bikes. That Kiev is the capital. I am high pleased the motorcycle. I purchased him a year ago for 2,400 dollars. I had to change overlays on wheels, to repair a carburetter. Actually, it is a very little price for old motorcycles. Mainly on Ukraine motorcycles of 400 cc, former 4000 - 5000 dollars cost in the use. Now I am flustered by the problem of repair parts to my savage. Finding original details is impossible, especially chain... But it is very pleasant to see in the internet, that in this motor cycle is yet popular the world Smiley I dont know how translating turned out into English, but think, you will understand me.  Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: I had no idea? A 400cc Savage?
Reply #20 - 11/07/08 at 07:46:43

Welcome Argo! I think the translation gave the gist of your message. Are parts still available for the LS400 in Europe? I'm thinking there are some Members over here in North America who wouldn't mind being able to order a direct bolt-on chain drive conversion?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Argo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ukraine, Kiev
Reply #21 - 11/07/08 at 12:52:22

some fotos of my savage/
http://www.moto.kiev.ua/gallery/elis/Alice_mr._and_mrs._Crossman

It last year's pictures. Now my savage with the arcs of safety and new rubber on wheels Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #22 - 11/08/08 at 01:47:59

Welcome Argo. You and your bike are beautiful!!

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 11/08/08 at 09:55:40

Shes just a Doll! Nice looking bike, too. Good Luck finding the parts.

If I could help, I would,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/08/08 at 12:17:07

Cant think of many things better than a beautiful girl on a beautiful bike. Ride safe.

IP Logged
Argo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ukraine, Kiev
Reply #25 - 11/08/08 at 13:29:51

Thank you guys for pleasant words!  I think that in spring in April will depart in the USA, in Sakramento, can be there are shops in which I will be able to find repair parts for a savage? my uncle and aunt live In Sakramento .
May be you know how many will cost a chain and sprockets for a savage? And how many will cost sending from America to Ukraine?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 11/08/08 at 16:20:36

I dont know the cost of parts, but if its hard to get parts where you are I would suggest buying the best you can get. I really dont know much about chains. Several here have years of experience with them & know which ones last the longest. Sprockets? How fast do they wear out, anyway? Should she buy more than 1 set? Maybe get some used one & a set of new, too? More than 1 chain, while she's here?
Dont forget to get tools for chains. Does she need master links? Half Links?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Fourby
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Beavercreek, Ohio
Reply #27 - 11/08/08 at 17:58:20

It might be cheaper to try to find chains in Europe.  Try www.motozloch.cz/Kits_RM.pdf They have a kit for the 400
Savage on page 2 which gives sprockets teeth and chain size and length.  That may give you a head start.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #28 - 11/08/08 at 18:01:04

One of our members posted pics after a trip to Japan,he took a picture of a very nice 400cc Savage,it was listed in the Cafe.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Polar_Pilot

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 11/08/08 at 18:22:09

I believe that the 400cc Savage was initially marketed in Japan because of engine size restrictions in that country.
It was nearly the same machine as the 650 Savage or S40 with the notable exception that it had a chain drive instead of the belt.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:21:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I had no idea? A 400 cc Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.