Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
looks ridiculous (Read 517 times)
Keith55

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

looks ridiculous
07/04/08 at 10:25:09

Ok my niece said I look ridiculous on my little motercycle.  I'm 6'  175#   am I to big for the Savage?? It does feel a little small..

IP Logged
Trump2Thump
YaBB Newbies

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

Space Coast of Florida
Re: looks ridiculous
Reply #1 - 07/04/08 at 10:34:49

Dude, if you are actually worried about what other people think of how you look on your bike then you are a "motorcycle enthusiast" and will never be a real biker.  The real question you should be asking yourself is whether the bike is a comfortable fit and fun to ride.  If the answers are yes then politely tell the kid to shut the hell up and go text somebody or update her myspace page.

I'm livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.....
islandcat88   IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #2 - 07/04/08 at 10:40:46

Well, I'm 6' and 2-sumthin.......  Do I look too big for my bike?

Well, even if I did, too bad.  I love my bike!

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
Keith55

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/04/08 at 10:43:37

well I do think the savage is a blast to ride. it is the first bike I've had in 20 years. But it looks like they would have made the frame just a lttle bigger. the moter is really tight in there.  Oh yea I'm 52 years old so I look funny on any thing I would guess.....

IP Logged
Keith55

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/04/08 at 10:48:35

No you look just fine to me. and there is that 65mpg Huh!

IP Logged
grandpa

Old but not cold!!!

Bartlett TN
Reply #5 - 07/04/08 at 10:53:58

I was 6' and 326 lbs when I bought Suzi almost two years ago. Fit fine then and even better that I am down to 260 lbs. This thing is easy to work on and fun to tinker with. Better yet it's a blast to commute with. I am also a returning rider after 20+ years. Too many folks buy into what other people think and go broke keeping up with the Jones's. Wnjoy your bike and be safe! Grin

Blue '06, seat mod, K&N drop-in filter, desnorkeled, 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1/3 spacer, dyna muff, factory bug shield, 11.5 Progressive rear shocks, debadged, fork boots, 110/90-19, 140/90-15
grandpa   IP Logged
ChicagoRider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago suburbs
Reply #6 - 07/04/08 at 10:54:03

Keith, I know what you mean, my girlfriend said my s40 looks a little small for me when I first bought it.  But now she rides on the passenger seat every weekend when we go joy riding, and enjoys it.

I'm 6 2" tall. The single best thing I did was flatten out the seat (eliminate the hump) which allow me to sit back further, making the bike fell less cramped.

Here’s a pic of me on my s40 after my seat mod:
http://tightwadweb.com/seatmod.html

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 07/04/08 at 11:32:14

Wife sitting on my bike with the springer seat mounted too high and too far back for me -- but it fit her 36" legs just fine:

WWW   IP Logged
Keith55

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/04/08 at 12:15:00

wow!  I really like that seat idea. That would be great . looks more like the bikes i use to own, and the seats on them just seams to be a better idea to me. room to move around own. They are all going for the cool look now.good idea chicagorider. I did do the seat mod.that others have done ,lefting the front of the seat so you don't slid forward.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #9 - 07/04/08 at 12:16:57

Keith55 wrote on 07/04/08 at 12:15:00:
wow!  I really like that seat idea. That would be great . looks more like the bikes i use to own, and the seats on them just seams to be a better idea to me. room to move around own. They are all going for the cool look now.good idea chicagorider. I did do the seat mod.that others have done ,lefting the front of the seat so you don't slid forward.

Might be easier to find an old Honda seat and make brakets to fit.  

I've ordered the Ed.L forward cntrl  kit.   I'll take pictures before and after.     I'm 5'11" 210 lbs....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Keith55

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/04/08 at 12:19:22

now thats and idea . wonder what that would look like. there I go again  wondering about the looks thing.....

IP Logged
Keith55

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 07/04/08 at 12:23:37

now tell me the truth.. am I the only one out there that has wondered if I looked funny on the Savage???? It dose feel a little funny to pull in to the gas station and there's 5 Harly's and 3 goldwings setting there looking at me on the little Savage.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #12 - 07/04/08 at 12:28:44

Keith55 wrote on 07/04/08 at 12:23:37:
now tell me the truth.. am I the only one out there that has wondered if I looked funny on the Savage???? It dose feel a little funny to pull in to the gas station and there's 5 Harly's and 3 goldwings setting there looking at me on the little Savage.

In that situation, finish filling up your tank, then wait for them to finish and start laughing as you drive away at how much you paid compared to them to fill your tank.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Keith55

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/04/08 at 12:38:24

Yes I sopped the other day to feel up before coming home.  It was only 5.33 to top it off. yes I just needed a little more than a gallon. it's 4.99 here in Arkansas ,for now anyway....

IP Logged
skortman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Orlando, FL USA
Reply #14 - 07/04/08 at 12:54:42

You are quite correct:  The bike is too small for you at 6' 200#.
The problem is only the seat placement.  I was tired of my knees
grinding on the Boulevard Emblem on the side of the tank.  I bought a solo seat and made brackets from cold rolled 1" steel.  Pulled the pathetic padding from under the vinyl Naugahide and put the nauga
back on with a staple gun.  Drilled holes, used large fender washers
and lock nuts with 5/16 hex bolts and nuts.  Here's a pic of the results.

Made the seat pad too.  It's a gell-pad with a denim cover.  Ties on like a chair pad.
Love and Light from Orlando.
davidsteffen@earthlink.net

DavidSteffen@earthlink.net
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:13:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › looks ridiculous

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!