looks ridiculous (Read 517 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: looks ridiculous
Reply #15 - 07/04/08 at 13:52:59

Keith55 wrote on 07/04/08 at 12:23:37:
now tell me the truth.. am I the only one out there that has wondered if I looked funny on the Savage....

Not the only one I'm sure; but at 52 you are old enough to not care what others think.  Hell, riding a Savage shows that!  If you cared about looking funny you'ld be on a Harley like all the posers, with do-rag and leather vest, probably even get yourself a tattoo or two -- then you'ld look 'cool'.

Does the bike do what you ask it to do?  Are you comfortable riding it?  If so, be happy.  If not, modify or replace the bike.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #16 - 07/04/08 at 14:02:14

Keith55 wrote on 07/04/08 at 10:25:09:
Ok my niece said I look ridiculous on my little motercycle. ...

Missed the niece part.  Let me guess -- has her motorcycle license and the line after "you look ridiculous" is "give me the bike."

Or you could explain to her that "looks" don't matter.  What matters is whether or not things work and are comfortable.

WWW   IP Logged
Keith55

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/04/08 at 14:54:36

Ok I just got back ,went for a long ride up in the hills here. It was great the Savage pulls up them hills like a tractor. I love the thing ok.
Lots of bikers here ,passed about 15 others. they all gave me that little sign. so I guess I was cool with them. and yes the Savage dose everything that I want from it.

IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Reply #18 - 07/04/08 at 15:18:35

If others put doubt in your mind then just go ride it and I'm sure you'll remember why you love this bike.  Wink

Oh but it looks like you already have !

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #19 - 07/04/08 at 17:31:43

how old is the niece,  that would determine what  smart arsed remark to use.

now i'm only 5'6"  with 28.5 inseam  thumper fits like a well worn glove.    i quess that's the advantage of bobbing it.  i was able to place seat, flatbars all to my riding position not vicea versa. it actually feels more like a mid contol setup.

i had occasion to meet with bike fixer, he's a big guy and standing next to the rig  it looked small, untill he mounted up.  then it all fell into place. he's got a big ole sprung solo setup moved way back on the fender that fits him well.   i could never reach the controls.

so boys and girls, don't be worried about how it "looks" make it "fit" properly, and ride  ride  ride....  

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 07/04/08 at 21:45:22

I converted a Harley police seat into a full springer and fitted it to my '96 Savage.  It sits higher and further back, and you must have at least a 30" pants inseam for your feet to be flat against the ground.  There will be no room for a rear seat.  I have step by step instructions with 30 pics of each step, for anyone who wants them.  You do not have to weld or cut the Savage.

IP Logged
Starzuki
YaBB Newbies

Is today your day?

Reply #21 - 07/04/08 at 22:09:47

Hi guys. New to the forum, but wanted to mention that I'm 6'3" and had the same thoughts initially. I was able to pick up an '03 for $1500 and had the nerve to second guess myself. No longer the case. I've put almost 200 miles in a week and a half and love it. I'll need some forward controls and a seat mod or two, but overall, despite my size, I'm ecstatic. I point and laugh at them now. I spent 10% of the harley budget and I'm riding the same roads they are.

Don't worry about what others think, most of the time its wrong anyway.

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #22 - 07/05/08 at 09:26:59

I bought my s40 because:

1) Price, Brand new for $5k all in. Colud not beat this anywhere
2) The bike looks good. I have had nothing but compliments from all who have seen it.
3) Ease of maintenance. The bike mechanics are very basic. Even I can fix most things on it when required
4) Gas milage. I get 60-68 mpg (imperial gallon) depending on if its city or Highway
5) Now that I have rode it for a while I can say that I it's a hoot to ride. It's responsive and will do hi-way speeds comfortably.

If others don't like it, they can just go fly a kite.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #23 - 07/05/08 at 12:02:59

Skid Mark wrote on 07/05/08 at 09:26:59:
If others don't like it, they can just go fly a kite.

And you'll be happy to tell them that the tail's too long, the string is too thick, and the reel they're using for the string is entirely the wrong color for that kite!   Grin Grin

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #24 - 07/06/08 at 07:37:39

I bought mine because it is the only bike that I can get on and off of and sit on comfortably. I have arthritis and fibromialgia and thought that I wouldn't be able to ride anymore,glad that I was wrong. The bike is light enough for me to hold up and narrow so that it doesn't bother my hips. I have found that the only people that snub me are what I call the weekend warrior/wannabe bikers. Everyone else gives me thumbs up especially when I pull my folding cane out of the saddle bag. Like others have said, when an idiot makes a rude comment just smile and keep riding.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:21:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › looks ridiculous

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!