Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about fuel mixture (Read 140 times)
Brandon
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoo!! Did you
see that!!!

Montevallo, AL
Question about fuel mixture
07/04/08 at 10:18:24

OK guys I finally got around to putting on my new cone filter on and I need to rejet soon. My qustion to all you pros is this: If I pull out the enrichment knob to richen the mixture, is that ok to do for a few days until I get to rejet?

Representing the Savage Republic!!
bdsavage69   IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: Question about fuel mixture
Reply #1 - 07/04/08 at 14:12:11

Will it stay out?  I've forgotten mine a time or two until I was running down the highway.  Reached down to push it in and found that it had made its own way home.  I think there is an elf in there that pushes it back in once the engine is warmed up.  Maybe I'm dreaming though.  I haven't actually met the elf, just noticed his handiwork.

I did the rejet in a very short time, with no prior experience.  If it was my bike, I think I'd just find a little time and get it done rather than experiment.  

But whether it's okay to run with the choke out, I don't know.  I guess if it isn't, the bike will let you know.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Brandon
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoo!! Did you
see that!!!

Montevallo, AL
Reply #2 - 07/09/08 at 01:39:44

Yep, I found why you shouldn't do that. If she sits and idle for a spell, it will be so rich it chokes it out. Other than that it's running great. Still need to do that rejet!!

Representing the Savage Republic!!
bdsavage69   IP Logged
savageguy
YaBB Newbies

Newb

Reply #3 - 07/09/08 at 10:22:16

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 07/04/08 at 14:12:11:
Will it stay out?  I've forgotten mine a time or two until I was running down the highway.  Reached down to push it in and found that it had made its own way home.  I think there is an elf in there that pushes it back in once the engine is warmed up.  Maybe I'm dreaming though.  I haven't actually met the elf, just noticed his handiwork.

That elf is working double duty, he does the same thing to my bike.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 07/09/08 at 11:50:48

savageguy wrote on 07/09/08 at 10:22:16:
Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 07/04/08 at 14:12:11:

That elf is working double duty, he does the same thing to my bike.

The little somebelch doesn't work Cal. anymore.  The little cs fell and grabed the choke knob and bent it straight down.  I kicked his @$$ then ran over him.  The new knob stays in.

WWW   IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #5 - 07/09/08 at 19:55:13

ROFLMELAO! Grin Grin

You crack me up sometimes.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 14:55:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Question about fuel mixture

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.