SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: EXCITED New Owner!
Reply #15 - 06/27/08 at 10:37:52

$5,000 out the door? MSRP is only $4,300 according to the Suzuki website...

Sounds a litle awkward... But still, congrats on your purchase! I grabbed a 2007 leftover from my dealer almost 8 weeks ago. It's a blast! Smiley

Also, according to the Suzuki owners manual, it says to take it easy on the tires for the first 100 miles.

Enjoy! Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #16 - 06/27/08 at 11:05:41

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 06/27/08 at 10:37:52:
$5,000 out the door? MSRP is only $4,300 according to the Suzuki website...

Sounds a litle awkward... But still, congrats on your purchase! I grabbed a 2007 leftover from my dealer almost 8 weeks ago. It's a blast! Smiley

Mine came to just shy of $5,000 ($4,900.20). By the time they ad in sales tax, destination fees, paperwork fees, etc... etc... It doesn't take long to ad up. Sad

07 S40
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/27/08 at 13:43:12

thats why im a fan of used. $1600 + $140 (Title, reigstration, plates)+ $110 (verslavy) + $25 (oil filter cover...darn that thing) = $1875. It werent pristine but very good condition with less than 10k (which has been far surpassed in the last...idk how long, month or two.) Nothing but smiles since (and a massive scare ridding through a storm last night)

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #18 - 06/27/08 at 13:55:29

Enjoy your new scoot.

If you want you could take some time getting familiar with it before you ride off into the sunset. As others have noted dealers are notorious for not having everything "just so" before trying to send you out the door. This may also help settle your nerves and get you in the right mindset for your ride.

When doing your walk around be sure to check the oil level. Most MC's don't come filled up from the factory. I can't remember about Savages.

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #19 - 06/27/08 at 22:11:11

You got a great deal! Good on ya for gettin' the dealer prep, etc. dropped off the price. That's some smooth negotiating.
As for the bike condition off the lot, when you get it home (provided you've the shop manual) go round the bike and check the various nuts, bolts, and screws for proper tightness, referring to the book for proper torgue specs, where applicable. Some of mine were a little loose. Some are meant to be checked with the engine warm, so use your manual. Ride and enjoy!
Ride safe,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #20 - 06/28/08 at 07:01:52

Welcome and enjoy the ride.
If you visit this site regularly, you might get caught up in the modify fever- have a cold one and relax; if it's your first season riding, except for the white spacer mod, spend your resources getting your riding skills up to snuff.  (If you have the shop do the dealer 500 mile check, maybee they'll do the spacer while they are at it, can't hurt to ask).  

After a season of riding, you'll be able to more accurrately decide if the s-40 is the bike for you, etc, and then get wild.  Enjoy..

IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #21 - 06/28/08 at 08:27:35

Have fun and ride safe!   Cool

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 06/29/08 at 12:17:52

Thanks again Everyone!  I picked my new Silver bike on Thursday and it was a Great Ride home!  The dealer staff was very helpful, I was impressed with the quality of service.  This is not my first bike but its been 3 years since I have rode a bike and it feels Great!  Look forward to hanging out with all of you.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #23 - 06/29/08 at 13:07:14

Someone mentioned the slick coating on new tires.

I think I read somewhere its best to get some soapy water and scrub the tires with a brush....and that would take the coating off.

Is that true?

I also heard you have to take it easy more than 20-30 miles.(unless you scrub the coating off)

Not sure if that 's true or not Undecided

Anyone know on this?

Oh...Congrats flcruzr! I know you'll enjoy the new bike....just bring it home to rest every once in a while! Wink

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 07/03/08 at 20:02:33

Thanks freeSpirit and everyone else, So far i'm enjoying and loving my new ride and enjoy hanging out in the forum.   Grin

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #25 - 07/03/08 at 20:06:11

flcruzr wrote on 07/03/08 at 20:02:33:
Thanks freeSpirit and everyone else, So far i'm enjoying and loving my new ride and enjoy hanging out in the forum.   Grin

Cool!!....but beware,both are addictive Grin

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:27:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › EXCITED New Owner!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.