Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brass cover on carb adjuster screw (Read 79 times)
dills84

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brass cover on carb adjuster screw
06/24/08 at 16:51:37

i feel stupid. but i cant seem to find this sucker! can anyone give me the detailed location of it? and whats the best way to pull the brass cover off? drill a hole in it and hook it out?

thanks!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Brass cover on carb adjuster screw
Reply #1 - 06/24/08 at 17:37:27

Its on the right side of side of bike sitting on it ,it like copper colored at top of carb close to the motor ,drill small about 3/16 hole only about 1/8 inch deep be care not to go to deep screw a sheet metal in the hole and grab with pliers and pull it off theres your screw.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #2 - 06/24/08 at 18:20:10

Looking at the carb from the right side of the bike, the plug will be even with the top of the black pipe that runs to the engine.  It is immediately behind that pipe as well.  Mine sat flush with the carb.  If it were dirty, it might be hard to see.  There is a tiny little hole already in it, if that helps you spot it.  Below it there is another round doo-dad with a circlip on it.  Don't drill that one.

Edit:  I drilled almost through the plug, so the full width of my 1/8 inch bit did not penetrate.  Then I just used a sheetrock screw.  Get the screw started just enough to get a good bite, and pull the whole works out.  It comes out fairly easily.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
dills84

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/24/08 at 18:30:56

I'm still confused as to where it is. so heres a picture.

the red circle is what i THINK is the  cap? any help?

boyyy i feel stupid.  Shocked

If you cant see (because of my crappy cell phone) the choke is to the left. Thanks guys!

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #4 - 06/24/08 at 18:40:59

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 06/24/08 at 18:20:10:
Looking at the carb from the right side of the bike, the plug will be even with the top of the black pipe that runs to the engine.  It is immediately behind that pipe as well.  Mine sat flush with the carb.  If it were dirty, it might be hard to see.  There is a tiny little hole already in it, if that helps you spot it.  Below it there is another round doo-dad with a circlip on it.  Don't drill that one.

Edit:  I drilled almost through the plug, so the full width of my 1/8 inch bit did not penetrate.  Then I just used a sheetrock screw.  Get the screw started just enough to get a good bite, and pull the whole works out.  It comes out fairly easily.

Go around to the other right side of the bike, and look carefully as I described.  In the meantime, I'll go out and take a picture in case you still can't find it.

Back in a flash.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 06/24/08 at 18:44:44

curtesy of savage greg

And all you guys need to refresh, read this...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869040

go on, read it!   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
dills84

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/24/08 at 18:45:29

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 06/24/08 at 18:40:59:
Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 06/24/08 at 18:20:10:

oh boy im an idiot. haha, i misunderstood... i thought that meant while standing infront of the bike on the right... not ON it.

after looking again i saw it within seconds. Sorry for the brain fart!  Grin

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #7 - 06/24/08 at 18:55:27

This is the screw you will see once the plug is removed...

Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #8 - 06/24/08 at 18:58:19

Verslagen! beat me to it.  He keeps these photos in his wallet and just whips them out any time he needs them. Grin

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 06/24/08 at 20:31:34

Excuse me while I whip dis out!  (been waiting all day for this one)

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:30:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Brass cover on carb adjuster screw

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.