Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Seafoam dose for Suzi? (Read 788 times)
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Seafoam dose for Suzi?
Reply #30 - 07/01/08 at 19:21:27

Has anyone tried to suck the seafoam via the petc0ck vacuum line?

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #31 - 07/02/08 at 09:11:14

toddlamp8 wrote on 07/01/08 at 19:21:27:
Has anyone tried to suck the seafoam via the petc0ck vacuum line?

Can you tell us why you would WANT to?

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #32 - 08/04/08 at 20:40:10

Hi Skat,

That is in line with the standard procedure you use when you want to use Sea Foam to dissolve heavy carbon deposits.

See Dj12midnit's write-up on the first page of this thread.  I see no reason why toddlamp8's method would not work on our bikes.  Note that you'd have to set the petcock to PRI when performing this procedure.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #33 - 08/05/08 at 05:34:06

FWIW, I've thrown a little seafoam (per the manufacturer's instructions) in my MC's and my wife's MC every few tanks/months or so. No problems with any of them running/starting. Mine could also be explained by running everyday, but her's does sit sometimes for a week (sometimes until I get out and ride it). Her's was a bit cold blooded when we first got it (used) but now seems to start as well as any cold or hot.

+1 on what Bill67 said about stabil, it has some of the same stuff, but is really made for keeping gas from going "stale" while seafoam is supposed to clean things up.

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #34 - 08/10/08 at 20:36:33

mornhm - FSO wrote on 08/05/08 at 05:34:06:
FWIW, I've thrown a little seafoam (per the manufacturer's instructions) in my MC's and my wife's MC every few tanks/months or so. No problems with any of them running/starting. Mine could also be explained by running everyday, but her's does sit sometimes for a week (sometimes until I get out and ride it). Her's was a bit cold blooded when we first got it (used) but now seems to start as well as any cold or hot.

+1 on what Bill67 said about stabil, it has some of the same stuff, but is really made for keeping gas from going "stale" while seafoam is supposed to clean things up.

FWIW....

Seafoam also works as a fuel stabilizer.    Wink

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 07:07:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seafoam dose for Suzi?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.