Send Topic Print
Gel Pad (Read 222 times)
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Gel Pad
06/11/08 at 09:21:21

Just received my Comfort-Max gel pad seat.  Will let you know how it turns out.  I have both the stock seat and the pillow top gel and will try it out on both.  Have done the seat mod and now have been using a sheep skin.  Anybody have any experience with the gel pad from AMS?? Smiley

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
mo.goad
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Gel Pad
Reply #1 - 06/11/08 at 09:34:46

Hey Baldeagle, I'm from Greenville MS. living in MO. now. Too bad, woulda been nice to have gotten together for a ride. Sorry for the off-topic, still I have no clue about the gel seat but keeping an eye on this post cause I feel I need a little extra something for the tailbone.

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - 06/11/08 at 11:14:32

Is pillow top gel seat that you have the one from Suzuki? I would have thought it would have been a major improvement on the standard seat.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Reply #3 - 06/11/08 at 18:56:27

The pillow top is Suzuki........it is an improvement from the stock but still a 'butt nummer' after about an hour.  The seat mod and the sheep skin helped some on that.  The pillow top is still narrow, at least for my rear.  I'm trying to eliminate a couple of pressure points that are giving me problems.

Ride Safe!!!

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Reply #4 - 06/14/08 at 18:16:46

Gave the Gel Pad a good ride today.......when I got back my butt was all  Smiley's.  Had the Suzuki pillow top on and will try with the stock seat next week.  So far so good.

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
Texasphotographer
YaBB Newbies

Old is better than
the alternative

Copperas Cove, Texas
Reply #5 - 06/15/08 at 09:28:51

Got a converted seat on Ebay.  A little bit better than the stock seat.

Then got an Alaska Leather (which my wife refers to it as a toilet seat cover) and friend gave me a gel pad.  I put the gel pad on the seat and cover it with the Alaska Leather butt pad and I am good for over 100 miles at a clip.  

My butt is 69 years old and it can get sore fast.  Not nearly as quickly with this combination. Cheesy

I am 69. Need I say more
WWW   IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #6 - 06/15/08 at 17:50:40

I've got a V-star saddle seat on my Sav plus a full saddle seat shaped gel pad. I do 400-600 mile days and the saddle seat was a major improvement, the gel pad was not as much of an improvement as I would have liked for the $100's I spent on it. The pad does absorb quite a bit of the vibrations from the motor at high revs though so I can't complain too much.

Jack

IP Logged
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Reply #7 - 06/20/08 at 14:55:39

Tried out pad on stock seat, but works better on the pillow top.  The change of being a little higher in the saddle is taking some adjustment.

RIDE SAFE!!!!!!

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:21:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gel Pad

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.