Send Topic Print
Exhaust problems (Read 104 times)
MAYES
YaBB Newbies

The SAVAGE beast!!!

Ohio
Exhaust problems
06/04/08 at 18:54:57

Hey everyone, I recently replaced my, very loud straight pipe w/ no baffels, with a Harley Sportster muffler. The problem is, now it seems to quiet. Angry Anybody have any ideas on how I may make it a little louder and deeper without taking out the baffels?

97 Savage stright pipe,One loud thumper.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Exhaust problems
Reply #1 - 06/04/08 at 19:09:05

Get long drill and drill up the hole in the end there a plate up there that you drill threw and it opens it up it make it louder and more high end power.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
JakeB

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

NE Ohio
Reply #2 - 06/04/08 at 19:11:54

Make it longer for a deeper sound, and you have to get some of the baffle out of the way to make it louder. So shorten the baffle or replace it with a less restrictive one. I got one from jcwhitney and cut and bent the tabs to make it less restrictive.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 06/04/08 at 19:57:12

I'd wait 3 months in case your hearing returns.   Tongue

WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 06/04/08 at 20:08:39

Hey Mayes, I am an audiologist..will keep a pair of hearing aids handy should you feel the urge.. Cheesy  Enjoy your ride and hopefully you'll find a reasonable loudness level bewtween straight pipes and over muffled.

IP Logged
MAYES
YaBB Newbies

The SAVAGE beast!!!

Ohio
Reply #5 - 06/04/08 at 20:25:33

Verslagen1.....Did you say something? GrinJust kidden.  And Trippah,thanks for thinking of me man, I'll let you know when I need them. Wink Does anyone else hear that darn ringing noise?

97 Savage stright pipe,One loud thumper.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 06/04/08 at 20:55:56

Me too!
But really, parents both are losing their hearing.  In part due to taking care of people who couldn't hear well and had the TV so load it impacted their hearing.  Both been to the doc to be dewaxed, descaled, meds etc.  so take bud.

WWW   IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/04/08 at 22:15:50

MAYES wrote on 06/04/08 at 18:54:57:
Hey everyone, I recently replaced my, very loud straight pipe w/ no baffels, with a Harley Sportster muffler. The problem is, now it seems to quiet. Angry Anybody have any ideas on how I may make it a little louder and deeper without taking out the baffels?

I did this to my Harley Dyna muffler.  I used a 12"long,  5/16" drill bit.  While the muffler was on the bike, I placed the drill bit into the output end of the muffler, contacting the baffle.  Drill one hole at the 6 o'clock position.  Ride the bike.  If you want it louder, drill another at the 10'oclock position.  Louder still, drill another at the 2 o'clock position.  If you change your mind later and want it quieter, use a ratchet with a long extension and a socket to fit a short 3/8" Lag bolt, and screw it in to one of the holes you drilled.  I settled on 1 hole in the baffle.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:24:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhaust problems

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.