I did it! (Read 212 times)
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
I did it!
06/04/08 at 02:43:47

Well, it took me a while, but I finally got thru all pages of the tech section AND rubber side down. OK, full disclosure; I did not read every post, not even every thread (I mean c'mon, there are only so many posts I can read on the Savage's uncomfortable seats).  Cheesy

I learned so much! It was also neat to watch the progression of some of the folks on the forum, well, in reverse actually. I read from most recent to oldest. Maybe should have gone the other way, but whatever. It was fascinating to see people progress from their first post after purchasing their Savage, to becoming some of the  resources of the forum.

This is a fantastic site. It offers so much info, and the opportunity for growth for any Savage rider who wishes it, and puts in the time to learn. I'm looking forward to coming into this site again and again for many years to come.

For now, my eyes are tired; and it seems I left a wife and family around here somewhere....... Smiley

To all of you who make this such a great site, THANK YOU! You're the best.
Ride safe,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: I did it!
Reply #1 - 06/04/08 at 03:32:49

Wow Jay! Shocked You are one dedicated Savager! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 06/04/08 at 04:23:42

Jay, you just jumped right in with all 4 feet eh ?  Good man !  Your reward will be great.   Cheesy

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #3 - 06/04/08 at 07:41:38

You beat me to it, you turkey.  I've been trying to accomplish the same thing.  I think I've read about 90 pages worth of threads (started at both ends, so I wouldn't lose the old ones as they dropped off into space with age.)  You're right, though.  It's tough to read them all.  There is a PILE of info stored here.  Plus, silly me, I started riding more than reading after I got the basics down (this is the key, put gas here, tires go on the bottom, etc.)

I doff my helmet to you sir!  You are one determined student of savagery.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 06/04/08 at 08:51:52

Great! You're now in charge of answering all newbie questions.  Anytime a question is asked that's been asked a hundred times before, you are now in charge of answering it.  Good luck. (yahoo! I'm free)

WWW   IP Logged
Prophet_10

TANSTAAFL

Dekalb, IL
Reply #5 - 06/04/08 at 09:12:07

Ha!

Now you are ready to visit the cafe and read "Sluggo's Table" in it's entirety.

When you finish that it will be winter and you can start reading the dictionary or your local telephone directory.

Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #6 - 06/04/08 at 10:22:15

You have snatched the pebble from the forum hand.

Time for you to leave, Grasshopper.   Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #7 - 06/04/08 at 19:30:51

Thanks everyone, for the encouragement and congratulations.
verslagen1, I don't know if I'm able to bear the wieght of that mantle just yet. Maybe an auto response could be set up for newbie Q's, "Search Rubber Side Down, Then Procede to Tech Section!"  As I'm still a lerning newbie myself, that's about the best I could do for them. Cheesy (Hey, I know SLuggo wants to keep it simple, but wouldn't "Newbie Q's" make a great section addition to the site?)

Prophet_10, I'm already there. I went to the cafe right after I finished with Technical and Rubber Side Down. OMG!!! I really have my work cut out for me, getting through all that. Smiley

Sandy Koocanusa, what can I say? I had too much free time at work. That's coming to a close though, so time for you to catch up!! Wink

Thanks again guys and gals for all each and everyone of you does to make this site such a success. It's a rare gem, and should be treasured as such. I've found nothing like it on the web, for any subject; much less a site devoted to just one vehicle.

Ride safe,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:16:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I did it!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.