Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HELP! S40 Saddlebag brackets..Where in the rear? (Read 126 times)
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
HELP! S40 Saddlebag brackets..Where in the rear?
06/02/08 at 10:04:59

Hi All, Ok so ive made the saddlebag brackets for the S40 following the guides in the tech ref section. Now following the guide in how to mount on my 07 S40... I cannot find a rear mount bolt to mount the bracket to. I see the middle bolt and was able to attach the bracket there but in the rear where in the pics it looks like right behind the turn signals...aint no bolt there...just a pin pushed through a rubber mount??? Help? am i on the right track or did i fall off the train??  Embarrassed

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: HELP! S40 Saddlebag brackets..Where in the rea
Reply #1 - 06/02/08 at 10:23:51

Joy...Looks like the mounts moved...have a look at this... instead of back by the turn lamp looks like they moved them to the bolt on the bottom acorn nut...sheesh... guess Im gonna have to re create a template and redoo...unless y'all knowed someting I dont....  Grin Which is very very likely...
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accessories/detail.aspx?modelId=98d6f67b-6079-417...

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/02/08 at 10:35:24

Shocked Shocked  Ohh no...scratch that idea too..the Official Boulevard Saddle bags (the little ones) do NOT fit moved forward like that...the seat will not even mount. ... sooo I guess the How to for the saddle bag brackets are right but the rear turn signals are in the way....   Need more beer now...

2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 06/02/08 at 11:30:24

think you gotta pull the side rails...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/02/08 at 12:10:32

Ok so after jamming to some Quiet Riot   Grin  I have made a template i will use to make the brackets... It looks Thumperclone that I have to use the lower front side rail bolt on both sides and the middle bolt. I had some spare 5/16" wire from where they had delivered my sons atv some years back and used this stuff to secure it in the crate...Its good stuff...I wish i knew where to buy it at cause you can mold this stuff like a clay... almost a tin type alloy but cant be sure. ..

2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 06/03/08 at 06:30:49

WOOOOT!! Its done, made the template, made the brackets from 5/16" steel from Lowes and mounted the Offical Suzuki Boulevard bags without havin to move the rear turn sig lights. (didnt want to fool with that yet)  Grin  The throw overs are secured to the brackets with some purple wire ties...bet thats gonna look neat from behind me..  But now its raining here in Ohio land .... sigh... I guess i now need to get a windshield for this thing...

2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:27:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HELP! S40 Saddlebag brackets..Where in the rear?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.