Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Sucking oil down
Reply #15 - 06/02/08 at 18:10:37

Justin, it's half-way down the top page of the Tech section.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1197231468

Here's the link you asked for.  When you get your magnet in place and you have your first filter change, post your results.  Also, if you have installation problems (after you read the notes that is and go to school off Savage Rob & the others) please post them as well.

Why does Justin need the special additive package and a synthetic oil more than the rest of you guys?  Well, he runs his oil too long and he's got a Lancer cam trying to live up in the top end of his engine (his bumps are bigger than your bumps).

Two good reasons to go synthetic and to keep the diesel additive package in his oil.   His 15w40 Rotella Dino was not a bad pick, but now he has even better choices available to him.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 06/03/08 at 04:14:57

He USED to run his oil too long,, them days is OVER, Bubba.

My lumps are the same height as yours, they just last longer, IIRC. Lancer?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #17 - 06/03/08 at 06:23:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/03/08 at 04:14:57:
My lumps are the same height as yours, they just last longer, IIRC. Lancer?

That sounds like an ad for one of these enhancement products that keeps popping up in my email box in poorly written english. Grin

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #18 - 06/04/08 at 06:23:55

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/02/08 at 18:10:37:
Justin, it's half-way down the top page of the Tech section.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1197231468

Here's the link you asked for.  When you get your magnet in place and you have your first filter change, post your results.  Also, if you have installation problems (after you read the notes that is and go to school off Savage Rob & the others) please post them as well.

Why does Justin need the special additive package and a synthetic oil more than the rest of you guys?  Well, he runs his oil too long and he's got a Lancer cam trying to live up in the top end of his engine (his bumps are bigger than your bumps).

Two good reasons to go synthetic and to keep the diesel additive package in his oil.   His 15w40 Rotella Dino was not a bad pick, but now he has even better choices available to him.

My magnet is set up just like Oldfeller's except I used three cork strips instead of four.  It appears to be working quite well but I don't know if it's caught much since I've had a lot less saddle time than I prefer and it's not even close to time for an oil change.  The leak I had was due to the o-ring on the oil filter cover plate being compressed after years of use and replacing it cleared up the leak entirely.  Mine is using the stock Suzuki oil filter at this time.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 06/04/08 at 06:34:08

I cant see the oil level dropping sice I changed the oil. I figure its using Some, but not drinking it. Or, maybe, the smoke I see id gas, it IS dark, not a light gray..If I am burning oil, would the crud on the brake arm be a different color, consistancy?? than if its a bit rich?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 10:20:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sucking oil down

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.