Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Post White spacer mod... questions (Read 350 times)
willrph
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Wisconsin
Re: Post White spacer mod... questions
Reply #15 - 06/02/08 at 19:04:21

Specifics Jomiyo so you can help all hte Newbies including me.  What mods have you made an what are your final space size, pilot jet size and main jet size?  No one wants to reinvent the wheel.  I just want ot ride during the short Wisconsin summer.

White spacer mod, 150 main, K&N Air Filter, Memphis Shades Slim
  IP Logged
jomiyo

Thump or Bump!

Elmira, NY
Reply #16 - 06/03/08 at 05:05:50

just like everyone else on here told me, you really can't give an exact while tuning a carb.   The spacer doesn't need to be in there you can rip that right out.  then depending on what kind of flow the engine has (exhaust/air intake) you change the idle circuit.   if you have a high flow or after-market air filter and a less restrictive exhaust you will most likely need to go up a jet size or two, just to get it right.  

as posted in this thread  LANCER has a good post telling an easy way for carb tuning-  Me having no former knowledge about carbs at all, i just followed directions and listened to the engine.

after it was all said and done,  i have no spacer, my stock jets, the mixture screw is 1 and 7/8ths turn out, and i have a jardine exhaust.

i still have yet to pull the plug and check it out, but it sounds great and doesn't have a rich running smell to it.

hope this is inspiring
-jordan

'07 s40, White spacer removed, Jardine muffler, iron cross mirrors, Ed-L +4" controls, under seat bags- only on for trips, and 1 happy nut in the seat!
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #17 - 06/03/08 at 07:46:23

Just did a rejet and spacer mod myself. I'm running stock air filter but hi flow fishtail muffler. I went 152.5 main and 2 M3 stainless washers in place of spacer (about 1/3 spacer thickness). I love Ace Hardware, they always have just what I need. Bike pulls strong in all gears, occassional pop between shifts, but deceleration is a pretty smooth burble unlike when stock, use to pop and fart all the time. No more backfire at shutoff, just an occassional blup. I think idle mix is 2 turns out. I'm going to run this way for a while and check mileage. If I change air filter to say a K&N drop in, I might go up to the 155 main, but right now seems to be running good. I'm at sea level (but head is in the clouds).  Cheesy  

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:14:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Post White spacer mod... questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.