oilfilter changes? (Read 59 times)
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
oilfilter changes?
05/25/08 at 19:31:07

I was looking at ordering some filters from BikeBandit, but the filter listed (under $3 bucks!) said it was for the LS650 up to a 2003. It's an Emgo, #16510-37440, #16510-37450. Do the newer bikes use a different filter? I have an '08 and make frequent oil changes. I've been going to the stealership, but would really love to give my money to someone else. I've also noticed Wally World sells MC filters, but there is no application list. It's a Fram filter, comes in two sizes. Costs about $4.50, but in a pinch, would be nice to know I could just motor up to Wal-mart and get one. Will it fit the Savage? Sorry, I don't have the numbers in front of me. Just thought of the Wally world filter as I was writing this. Thanks,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
ND
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: oilfilter changes?
Reply #1 - 05/25/08 at 19:35:08

I'm sure these filters will work. They do on my '04. In fact the box they come in lists through '86. I've bought and used Emgos from Bike B. and from JC Whitney.

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Re: oilfilter changes?
Reply #2 - 05/25/08 at 20:00:04

Thanks ND. Yeah the pic looks like the same filter to me too, but didn't want to order a bunch and have it be the wrong size. I change oil real frequently, and I hate paying the stealership so much money when I can get them online for so little. Thanks again.
Ride safe,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:11:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oilfilter changes?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.