Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
did my own 600 mile service!! (Read 72 times)
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
did my own 600 mile service!!
05/25/08 at 18:59:39

A big THANK YOU to the members of this forum, especially Vroom1776 and Reelthing. Thanks to you, I had the courage and technical info to forgo the stealership, and perform my own maintenence for the 600 mile service. The bike is running like a charm, I had no parts left over Cheesy, and feel really good about my accomplishment. I have some experience wrenching, but have not attempted anything like this before. Thanks again to all. This group is a Godsend.
Sluggo, my donation to the cause is forthcoming; just as soon as I can get paypal straightened out. Smiley
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: did my own 600 mile service!!
Reply #1 - 05/25/08 at 21:14:40

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Dhin.  I've put way more than six hundred miles on mine, and I'm still working up the nerve to check the valve lash and the enthusiasm to fix the speedometer chirp.

Good on 'ya! Wink

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Re: did my own 600 mile service!!
Reply #2 - 05/25/08 at 21:36:27

Hey Sandy Koocanusa
Thanks, but it's really not that hard. Patience, a Clymers, and this forum work wonders. Oh, and a 10mm and 17mm offset wrench. One last thing, if you've got the time before the job, go ahead and order the timing plug wrench to get the inspection cover off. Wish I had. My pretty bike's got some scratches where I tried to get mine off. Chewed the slot up pretty good too.
Ride safe,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:21:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › did my own 600 mile service!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.