Send Topic Print
Performance Upgrade (Read 135 times)
Coleman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Performance Upgrade
05/17/08 at 07:00:50

Well here soon I'm going to be doing a performance upgrade. First off the stock muffler sounds like something from the Jetsons and I am tired of that.

I was looking through ebay and came across this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-SUZUKI-SAVAGE-LS650-S40-MAXIMUM-PERFORMANC...

Anyone know if this is anygood or just some crap someone put together?

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Re: Performance Upgrade
Reply #1 - 05/17/08 at 07:52:31

Quote:
Anyone know if this is anygood or just some crap someone put together?

This person seems to sell merchandise via e-Bay that is already available through members of this forum.

Look in the 'Savage Store' on this site for the 'Cone air filter' and the Savage Performance CD.
All the free 'tuning' information you could possibly want can be found in the 'Index' in this forums Tech section.
For 'Jet sets' - see http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1186238271 in the Market place. Lancer sells these.
The muffler can be picked up almost anywhere - see E-bay. Check the muffler posts on this forum for some really good advice.

Only my opinion but I would rather spend my money here with the members than with someone who appears to copy their efforts.  

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 05/17/08 at 09:16:16

I'm not totally against the guy making a buck off our perverted knowledge.  As long as he's giving fair value.  If he's put together a professional package then he deserves a c note for all that crap.
Yes you can get an HD take off for less than 50, you can get a whole set of jets instead on just one for 15, a cone filter for 40.  and all the set up info is in the tech section.  plus advice when it goes wrong.

To some newby who doesn't know a take off from a hole in the ground, this is a god send.  How many times in the last couple of weeks have we heard... duh, which one?  duh, which one?  duh, which one?  And this with the upgrade of the yabby search tool should be unheard of.

But to answer the original question, we don't know.  This guy lerks here, takes our efforts w/o acknowledgement, and reportedly put forth little effort to make a buck.  We don't care for his tactics, so we boycott him.  At least no one will admit to getting his stuff and review it.

WWW   IP Logged
skoeter
YaBB Newbies

'62 Born on '86
Savage

Netherlands Schiedam
Reply #3 - 05/17/08 at 09:24:48

Be carefull with that one, I ordered the CD and as it arrived at my place it only showed empty maps.
Some other members of suzukisavage.nl also bought it and YES it seems to be a lot of existing info on the web!!
Finally after blocking his credit card by Paypall I had my money minus postal costs returned. He charged 150% postal costs of the actual costs.... Lips Sealed
I checked his ratings and found more people complaining on empty disks.... Huh

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 05/17/08 at 10:05:28

I am not knocking the guy, he has every right to put together a package to sell and make a buck, but it is our responsibility to be wise when looking to buy something.  
The parts in his package can be found for less but then there is the time involved to search and get the items from several sources.  The muffler can be purchased from Jireh Cycles for $36.95, the Filter is $10 from Speedmoto I believe, the jets and screws and washers about $10.  Throw in shipping to get them all together and it all totals about $75.  Then ebay and Paypal take another 7-8%.  So his profit at the end of it all is about 20% net.
The disc he has ( I purchased one just to see what was in it ) contains a lot of stuff from this site directly &/or indirectly, plus an assortment of other stuff.  Is it worth it ? ?  While interesting, it lacks hard core tech info.   I think the disc for sale here is much more useful and practical.  
The main thing he is selling is convenience for the buyer...getting it all from one source.

Anyway, the point is that his package is a fair deal for what you get.
It all depends on what you want, the time you have to surf the net, and your tech knowledge base.  Better parts prices can be found but it takes some time to do it yourself.

Of course, personally, I  like the packages I have available ...    Grin

IP Logged
skoeter
YaBB Newbies

'62 Born on '86
Savage

Netherlands Schiedam
Reply #5 - 05/17/08 at 10:44:40

I was not knocking the selling of gathered info.... though I AM knocking the loussy service (an empty CD is bad checking what will be delivered) and profit on postal costs.
Everyone should be able to make some bucks here and there, nothing wrong with that...

ps LANCER.... I also know you were not knocking my reply..... I hope   Embarrassed

WWW   IP Logged
Coleman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/17/08 at 11:33:48

Thanks glad I didn't bother to purchase. Having rode back and forth to the local big city a few times this past month I think I may want a new seat before a performance upgrade.

The stock seat on my 97 Savage starts to hurt after an hours time. I have looked through the Sportster seat mod and I think that is next on my list.

I ordered all the stuff to put saddlebags on my current Savage and am just waiting on the brackets to show up then I move the turning signals and then I can actually haul stuff.

IP Logged
skoeter
YaBB Newbies

'62 Born on '86
Savage

Netherlands Schiedam
Reply #7 - 05/17/08 at 11:51:23

Coleman wrote on 05/17/08 at 11:33:48:
Thanks glad I didn't bother to purchase. Having rode back and forth to the local big city a few times this past month I think I may want a new seat before a performance upgrade.

My hurt got less changing the stear which moves my upper body more forward and a different pose does a good job already Wink

offtopic I guess Tongue

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:10:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Performance Upgrade

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.