Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Full Dresser (Read 225 times)
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Full Dresser
04/29/08 at 08:54:45

ALfromN.H. just put a set of hard saddlebags on his Thumper that looks great.  I went to the site to check them out and they are only $115.

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=7&menu=Hard%20Saddlebags&product_id...

I was thinking about the possiblity of a full dresser Savage.  Would it be possible to install those hard bags and then put the following in place of the passenger seat (which I never use anyway)?

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=2&menu=DB%20Trunk%20Series&product_...

The trunk and bags would cost $300 and then whatever special work would have to be done to the bike.  Is this going too far?  I view it as a one-person bike anyway and I think it would be nice to have all that storage space.

« Last Edit: 04/29/08 at 10:32:30 by rpgpgmr »  

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
joebothehobo

Ride like a ghost.

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Full Dresser
Reply #1 - 04/29/08 at 09:53:53

I think the last part of those links got cut off? its just showing the main menu.

'91 Suzuki GS500E
'98 Subaru Outback.
Robertomoe is my bro.
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #2 - 04/29/08 at 10:33:34

You're right.  Don't know how that happened?!  I just re-pasted with fresh links.  Try 'er again.

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 04/29/08 at 15:59:39

Search for "max's bagger" and you will find a picture of an LT Luxury Touring version of a Savage. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #4 - 04/29/08 at 16:25:32

Max, just did a search on here, Google, and Yahoo for the following and many combinations therof:

Max's Bagger, LT Luxury Touring, savage, ls650

Didn't turn up anything.  Can you provide a link?

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #5 - 04/29/08 at 17:09:36

I checked and I guess the time limit ran out on it. Savage Greg had posted a picture from the Seattle M/C show. PM me with a e-mail and I'll send one your way direct as I haven't figured out the way to post [ics here yet. Max

IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #6 - 04/29/08 at 20:36:44

I have no idea how to post pictures either.  PM sent with my email address.  Thanks.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #7 - 04/30/08 at 01:04:44

Go to  TMack's latest post's and he tells how to post pics....it worked for me,at least the one time I tried it Wink

Very good and easy instructions!

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
joebothehobo

Ride like a ghost.

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #8 - 04/30/08 at 03:42:11

I think it would be pretty cool. If you mounted it on the pillion, you'd get to use the backrest for yourself, but if mounted it behind the pillion, you'd get all of the case space plus whatever bag you can strap on in place of a passenger. Bit of a trade off i guess. If you decide to do it, which i think you should, be sure to post pics. If nothing else, it would be pretty interesting because of the decided lack of "solo dressers" out there.

'91 Suzuki GS500E
'98 Subaru Outback.
Robertomoe is my bro.
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #9 - 04/30/08 at 04:27:33

My thinking exactly.  It's difficult to find solo dressers out there.  Just got the pic of Max's and it's really nice.  Same idea that I had.  I've been toying with whether or not to mount it on the backrest luggage rack (which is SO small) or to go to a solo seat and mount it over the rear fender.  If I did that, it would look like a scaled down Goldwing ... with twice the fuel economy.

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #10 - 04/30/08 at 08:52:52

On mine I used the bottom legs of the sissy bar with the the rear cross brace welded to them and drilled and tapped for the correct screws. for the Salvage yard rack, I then pulled the rubber stops out of the OE pillion pad and cantilivered the front braces to their old spot and the drilled them so the stops would fit.  On my B-i-L's which we did about the same thing I looked at the iron pieces that came with the AMCO bags and lo and behold they were already correctly drilled for the front 2 fender braces so his is solid on the front. Missed that on my setup. I have the old pillion back rest set up for a moveable back rest so the case will open, he uses the front of the JCWhitney big case. Mine is a GIVI but both are on quick on and off plates if you want use them that way.  I can easily get 4 plastic sacs of groceries and 3 of these shelf style 12 pac of soda in one trip w/o using bungies/net on top the case. Doesn't seem to change the ride a bit. But the AMCO hard bags are low and pretty far forward, as me heels when I need to walk the bike how many times they have been under the bags when I went to lift them up. I started with a Honda CT 110 rack which is nice and large and ended up with a more rectangular one. Bags are hinged on the outside so that determined some of the mounting distances. Fairing was a $2.00 2nd hand store find with lots of cleaning and polishing and a new windshield from clearview.com, an adapter to move the headlight up and out and glued in lenses to make the turn signals work, some brackets used from the original windshield I had. Best part is, it is a work in progress and it works for me and still gets 50 MPG average. Max

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:13:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Full Dresser

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.