Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
finding new footpegs? (Read 192 times)
wrenchbender

wild side of the Great Lk
finding new footpegs?
04/22/08 at 01:39:00

Does anyone sell an aftermarket ready to fit footpeg for a 2006 S40?
I've been to every site including the links from here that I can think of and have yet to find the rider pegs for this bike with the extended lower tang (stop) that inserts into the mount. By my reckoning without this tang the pegs will droop. Have I got it all wrong?

IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Re: finding new footpegs?
Reply #1 - 04/22/08 at 04:59:58

I put a set of Kuryakyn ISO Dually pegs at every rider station on my bike. To get them to fit the pivot pins, I had to drill out the mounts.  Once they were drilled, I had to fir them to the frame mounts.  On the front station, the frame itself helps to hold the pegs in place.  (I got the ISO Dually pegs because they are very adjustable).  To take up the slack between the mount and the frame, I used a pair of off the shelf 5/16" washers.  It does not have the bottom stop, but it doesn't seem to need it, either.

The pillion station required a bit more fabricating. I used the same pegs as the front, drilled out the mounts, then cut the spring washer from the front station in half.  I then fitted the peg and washer into the mount with a dowel rod (to preserve the center) and used a BFH (big friggin hammer) to slightly compress the frame (so it would add friction to hold the pegs up when stowed.)  I had to grind a slight radius on the top of the frame mounts, since the pegs would not clear the top when I tried to stow them in the upright position. Not much of a radius is required.  (I used the mount from the peg itself as a template.)  

In all, it took around an hour and a half to complete and the results speak for themselves.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #2 - 05/02/08 at 07:32:21

I've been looking at footpegs for my '05 with the OEM engine guard (if you can call it that) and it looks like several of the Kuryakyn pegs will slip right on to it.  The 7980 appears to be the ones that you've installed.  They have an inch clamp and I think that's what the engine guard is.  Am I about to make a huge mistake in assuming that these just slip right on?

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 05/02/08 at 09:03:48

Highway Hawk makes pegs for the savage.

I have a set for the drivers pegs, but not riders.

WWW   IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #4 - 05/02/08 at 10:22:25

Nice.  That's the only site I've ever seen that sells highway pegs specifically for the Savage.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 05/02/08 at 11:06:47

Whats the price on their floorboards,I didn't see any prices

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #6 - 05/02/08 at 11:27:17

Me neither.  Stuff looks nice and I appreciate that they actually sell stuff specifically for the Savage, but the web site leaves a lot to be desired.

IP Logged
jomiyo

Thump or Bump!

Elmira, NY
Reply #7 - 05/02/08 at 11:34:58

very true!  

the only way i think i will actually purchase a set of pegs is if i can hold them and find out exactly what modifications need to be made to make them  ACTUALLY fit on the savage.

'07 s40, White spacer removed, Jardine muffler, iron cross mirrors, Ed-L +4" controls, under seat bags- only on for trips, and 1 happy nut in the seat!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:24:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › finding new footpegs?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.