Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
did a little work (Read 148 times)
nervekiler

ridin in the rain

vancouver, wa
did a little work
04/15/08 at 11:43:11

so at work yesterday it was really boring at work. so i got to pull the bike in and do a bit of wrenching and oogling.

replaced my stock ugly damaged and loud stock pipe for a hd takeoff i got online. the stock one had been banged up by the PO and then savage greg unpacked some of the steelwool crap that had been stuffed in there.. it was LOUD. way loud and had some exhuast leaks and looked ugly.

the new HD pipe looks better and sounds really nice. a nice deep tone and very much quiter. stilll has a little grunt to it at WOT but very quiet. makes a weird whistling sound just off of idle.. ill get the thing welded to the pipe here locally at a shop just so i can be sure theres no leak where i had bolted it up.

also relocated that electronic thing on the rear fender thats normally under the seat. i forgot what it is called but i wanted to clean the fender up  so i can chop it a bit.

i put the peice on the right side of the battery in that chrome case. pretty easy to locate there just had to cut into the electrical tape and reroute a few wires under the seat. no cutting needed.
im not sure if itll overheat in there but didnt wanna cut to extend wires to locate it down by the muffler like i seen savagegreg has his. thatll be another project another day.

also took apart the pillion seat. i didnt like how my bike looks so ugly with that seat sticking up HIGHER than my big ugly stock front seat. so i cut about half the foam out and then re-wrapped it at work. very easy to do and makes my seat look more streamlined. i only took off about one and a half inches but i like how it looked.. and it was easy to do and required me buying no extra parts. cheap easy mod. i dont have any good pics of it before and after.. but its just a little peice of mine for me. soon ill end up junking the seat but for now this cured my curiousity

Frank T. Cartoys jantzen beach

97 savage 650 - HD pipes, carb spacer mod, idle screw adjusted, 152.5/55 jets, K&N air filter, big crank battery, chopped up a bit
WWW dirtbikehero mryummm   IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Re: did a little work
Reply #1 - 04/15/08 at 12:04:36

Hey, thats a great idea relocating the voltage regulator/rectifier.  I put mine under the seat (worry of over heating), but maybe I will try the chrome cover. Good thinking!

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 04/15/08 at 12:06:59

Leave the chrome cover off and it'll run far cooler than in the stock position.

WWW   IP Logged
Keith_T

Northern Illinois
Reply #3 - 04/15/08 at 12:22:33

Cut some holes in the side of the chrome cover for cooling.  Won't be too noticeable.  Great idea for the location.

IP Logged
Prophet_10

TANSTAAFL

Dekalb, IL
Reply #4 - 04/15/08 at 14:01:25

Keith_T wrote on 04/15/08 at 12:22:33:
Cut some holes in the side of the chrome cover for cooling.  Won't be too noticeable.  Great idea for the location.

Right, or just drill a few holes on both sides of the cover to let air pass through.

So,  nervekiler, how did you attach it to the tool box?  Or is it just hanging in that picture?

-Matt

WWW   IP Logged
nervekiler

ridin in the rain

vancouver, wa
Reply #5 - 04/15/08 at 14:21:26

i used snap velcro. did not want to do screws becuase the battery is behind there.

snap velcro is like a heavy duty velcro. if you clean the surface real good and use a heat gun you can get a great bond that will last a long time.

Frank T. Cartoys jantzen beach

97 savage 650 - HD pipes, carb spacer mod, idle screw adjusted, 152.5/55 jets, K&N air filter, big crank battery, chopped up a bit
WWW dirtbikehero mryummm   IP Logged
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
Reply #6 - 04/15/08 at 14:45:44

Good thinking...looks clean. Can't wait to see what the fend mod comes out like. Keep us posted

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 23:28:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › did a little work

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.