Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bike not happy this morning (Read 293 times)
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Re: Bike not happy this morning
Reply #15 - 04/14/08 at 15:21:00

Thanks guys! I just dropped it off at the mechanic's. It ran fine this morning, got me to work, dentist and the cycle shop. He was sure I'd run out of gas - knew full well it had a half a tank and so I just kept looking at him. He finally looked at the tank and wow! It was still half full. They were laying bets at the shop.

It is running lean so it will get enriched and then we'll see what else comes up.

I mentioned petcock and vacuum line - uh huh. Well if they don't replace it I will when I get it back. The next 2 days I'm on the bicycle. It will be warmer.

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/14/08 at 17:14:33

That darn petcock! During one of my hard starting days, I took apart the petcock because I was only getting a trickle of fuel.  I have an inline fuel filter and could see that it was almost dry.  I wasn't very familiar with the inner workings of the petcock but switched settings and noted the feeble (to me) movement by the little lever inside.  I managed to misplace the spring when I put it back together apparently over riding the vacuum function.  Last friday, I had to stop when it ran dry.  I moved the valve through the stops and got nada, then pulled the vacuum line loose and puffed in and out on it, still just a trickle, I pulled the gas hose loose from the carb and got a few drops going, then a steady trickle.  I had about 1.5 gallons in it, so it shoulda been decent fuel pressure, at least enough to fill up the filter.  I did make it home, but it is disconcerting to see a mostly dry filter.
Has anyone done anything else other than the manual conversion?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #17 - 04/14/08 at 20:56:36

Put a new on the '95 - it's a gadget that has a definite life span- less than 10 years for sure - might not last as long with this 10% corn juice we use now - very easy to change $50 part.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:22:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike not happy this morning

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.