Send Topic Print
Longer Speedo Cable (Read 71 times)
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Longer Speedo Cable
04/14/08 at 11:56:14

Anyone know if I can modify or where I can get a longer Speedo Cable? I am putting my tank and speedo on my chopper and its about four inches too short!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Re: Longer Speedo Cable
Reply #1 - 04/14/08 at 13:18:03

There's a three cyl. Suzuki model from the late 70's into the 80's or so that has a tach cable you can use. I can never remember the model when I need to but how many can there be, right? It will probably be a bit longer than what you need, but the cable lets you bend it around pretty good without binding internally. I moved my speedo to the handle bars when I changed my tank and it works great.

You can figure out the model and see if you can order a new one - OR . . . I got my cable at a bike bone yard. I told the guy who "knows" the yard my problem and he said "I think I know what you need". Took me on the golf cart through the mud to the bike out in the rain and loaned me the pliers to take it off. Can't do any better than that.

Jack

IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Re: Longer Speedo Cable
Reply #2 - 04/14/08 at 18:59:02

will do! I have a motorcycle salvage yard about an hour from the house! I may give them a call!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 11:16:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Longer Speedo Cable

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.