Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Really need help with 2 things (Read 96 times)
Danomahono
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Really need help with 2 things
04/09/08 at 07:52:12

Hey all;

I'm having trouble finding these using the search function. So If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. I need to do a couple things on my wife's bike.

I need a method for adjusting the final drive belt without that little plunger thing mentioned in the Clymer manual. The bike's original tool kit is long gone. Right now the belt looks a bit loose when I'm riding along side her. But I don't know how much to tighten it.

Also: There must be directions somewhere around here for adjusting the carb in order to richen up the mixture. I'd like to get rid of the back-fire and get it to run a little cooler.

Thanks so much.  DanO

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Really need help with 2 things
Reply #1 - 04/09/08 at 08:06:41

Belt tension: Take the lower belt in your hand and twist it down.  If you can twist it 90° it is at the correct tension.

Carb adjust: from what you're saying "running cooler" you need to change the jets.  To get rid of the backfire, you can adjust the idle mixture screw, located on the right side of the carb.

Both of these should be located in the tect section.  Look for the index post to find it fast.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 05:28:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Really need help with 2 things

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.