Getting Twisted!!!!!!! (Read 273 times)
REPINSEGAVAS
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

S.W. Oregon
Getting Twisted!!!!!!!
04/06/08 at 07:52:09

Im starting to get real twisted up. All I want to do is get my bike back together and ride.

Well I ordered a used head since mine was virtually destroyed by the dropped valve. Upon inspection of the received head I found that some flunky had probably not removed all the head cover bolts  then proceeded to drive a screwdriver between the head cover and head leaving some very deep gouges in the mating surfaces, the head cover was cracked around one of the bolt holes, and one of the colling fins was broke.The only thing it had going for it was it had already been ported on the intake and exhaust.

When I contacted the wrecking yard about it because they gave me a 90 day satisfaction guarantee, he proceeded to tell me that he personally inspected that head and saw nothing wrong with it and that it was one of the best looking heads he had ever shipped out.

Now he says they dont have another head but he will try to find one while that one is in shipping back to him. I just want a refund since I paid 300 for that head and I can order a new one for 500. Ill just go new, but it seems like it is going to be pulling teeth to get a refund from this place.

Any suggestions/comments appreciated.

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Re: Getting Twisted!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 04/06/08 at 08:07:27

Given his comments - "he personally inspected that head and saw nothing wrong with it and that it was one of the best looking heads he had ever shipped out." - then he shouldn't have any problem selling it to someone else, right.

Get you money back and try door number two.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #2 - 04/06/08 at 08:11:35

You can look here for a head - post a message in "The Market Place". Also, there's Ebay - I've seen heads and intact engines sell in this range (< $500). This will work to your advantage if you have more time than  cash.

If you need it in a hurry, then the new head may be your only option.

"Good, Fast, Cheap - pick 2 of these and hope you get 1"

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 04/06/08 at 08:17:18

I paid $200 for an entire head assembly, cam and all.   It was a local salvage yard, so I got to inspect it when I went there.  

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 04/06/08 at 10:16:37

if the guy won't give a refund andhas a plate glass window, pass the head through it.  that'll cost him the 300 bones no sweat.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
KwakNut

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sheffield, England, mostly.
Reply #5 - 04/06/08 at 12:37:25

I don't know about over in the States, but in the UK we have what's called a 'small claims' legal system, where you spend about $50 to fill in the papers in your local county court then just sit back and await judgement - the guy you sue has the option of defending (which costs him time and money) or paying up.  It works a treat for items like this.

The next stage should be a letter stating intent to sue unless he refunds in full, including return shipping costs.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
--General George S. Patton
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/06/08 at 14:45:18

The venerable Sluggo has vociferously directed our vulnerable, victimized friend whose valid complaint has been avoided, to become a vengeful vigilante & vindictively engage in the violent vandalization of the property of the villanous vendor of valueless vestiges of various vehicular parts & who viciously refuses to admit to the validity of the claim that his rights as a consumer have been violated & valiantly refund the money, thereby solving the vexing problem & avoiding the possibility of having his name vilified.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 04/06/08 at 14:48:42

*applauds*

Nice alliteration!

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #8 - 04/06/08 at 17:36:05

Long live sluggo!!!!! Grin

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/06/08 at 18:13:44

KwakNut wrote on 04/06/08 at 12:37:25:
I don't know about over in the States, but in the UK we have what's called a 'small claims' legal system, where you spend about $50 to fill in the papers in your local county court then just sit back and await judgement - the guy you sue has the option of defending (which costs him time and money) or paying up.  It works a treat for items like this.

The next stage should be a letter stating intent to sue unless he refunds in full, including return shipping costs.

We have the same system here because England established America.  The problem is in the collection of your claim.  You can win, but if the loser doesn't pay you, you have to go back to court to ask the court to collect from the loser.  The loser can drag this out by not appearing or cooperating.  You then have to attach his assets, if you can identify them.  More court time, more paperwork and research.  Then you have to get the court to do a sale of his assets.  Just try doing all this correctly without an attorney! The attorney will cost more than the $300.00 you recover, IF you recover it.  I never buy anything used unless I see and inspect it first.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #10 - 04/07/08 at 05:11:32

I agree with Kwaknut.

What he refers to, the "Small Claims Court" is known as - methinks - the Justice of the Peace.
They have the means and the leverage.

If that should fail, seek a friend or two with ...violin cases...  Cool

Wedding parties are especially recommended times to ask for special favors...
...don't forget to kiss that ring, now  Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
REPINSEGAVAS
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

S.W. Oregon
Reply #11 - 04/09/08 at 21:09:04

Well finally heard back from the salvage yard on the head i returned . He said he didnt know how he missed seeing the damage and that the head cover was as I stated unusable .

But get this he offered to mill the head to cover mating surface, put another head cover on it and send it back I told him no way you cant do that cuz the cover and head are a mated pair and milling would affect the cam tolerances (to clean up as much damage as the head had it probably wouldnt have any cam clearance left at all if the cam would even fit) he told me they had a method that worked. I told him NO!!! that I wanted a refund cuz I could get a new head for a couple hundred more. He tried so hard to get my sale that he said he wanted to get the price on a new head and after a few minutes told me a new head was $650, I told him I could get a new head for $500 and he asked if I was getting a discount and I told him no and he offered to try to match that price. But after everything else I said that I just wanted a refund and I would take my Business elsewhere. Finally he agreed he would refund my money and the shipping to and fro.

Hopefully I will Be ordering a new head tomorrow and have my bike back together soon.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #12 - 04/09/08 at 21:21:17

Glad everything is working out!! Hope you get riding soon Wink

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Keith_T

Northern Illinois
Reply #13 - 04/10/08 at 06:11:10

If you paid on a charge card can you file a dispute with the credit car company?

IP Logged
REPINSEGAVAS
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

S.W. Oregon
Reply #14 - 04/10/08 at 08:23:00

p.s. I forgot to mention the most reasonable pplace ive found for parts that I havent seen mentioned on here is Midwest action cycle. They have beat everyone elses prices on everything for my rebuild.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 05:27:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Getting Twisted!!!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.