Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savage Stereo (Read 302 times)
joebothehobo

Ride like a ghost.

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Savage Stereo
Reply #15 - 03/11/08 at 17:45:22

Has anyone seen the new Toyota commercials where they fire the cannon outside of the car and the sleeping badgers don't wake up? I got nothing against toyota as a car company (better than most), but sometimes it seems like cagers take pride in being totally oblivious to everything going on around them.

Even with a custom exhaust, handlebar stereo, and earplugs, I bet we still hear far more of what's going on around us than a "roomy, silent, leather interior with voice activated MP3 player"

'91 Suzuki GS500E
'98 Subaru Outback.
Robertomoe is my bro.
  IP Logged
feelinjunky

No Comment

NJ
Re: Savage Stereo
Reply #16 - 03/11/08 at 20:34:28

nervekiler wrote on 03/11/08 at 17:24:09:
you realize if you were to make a grill and cover it with materials like said.. then you will hinder the speakers performance? especially to the point of waterproofing something... walk up to a speaker and put your hand in front of the tweeter.. this is what a 'waterproof" grill will most likely be like.

I wasn't thinking of making a truly "waterproof" grille that sacrifices that much sound quality. I will rarely ride in the rain and if I do, I'll just take the speakers off. I'll buy a grille for them so dust/debris won't settle on the speaker as much. Something like this will suffice:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BEST-KITS-BKSG690WM-CAR-6X9-SPEAKER-1-25-GRILLE_W0QQitemZ...

If the bass response will really be as bad as you say, I'll put like a 3" subwoofer in the middle, that's right I said 3" subwoofer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:17:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage Stereo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.