Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yep, I think I fixed it. (Read 96 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Yep, I think I fixed it.
02/09/08 at 17:14:32

Just took the FireLizard out for a good long ride since I repaired it. (lately it's just been back and forth to work, about 5 miles round trip) I went up to the next town to visit some friends getting the bike up to 65 and 70 mph and not a single hick-up. She ran good and strong the whole way.

Still need to dial in the carb, am having some back-fire I believe I am still running a little lean. But other than that, perfect.

Learned a lesson though, always wear gloves, I didn't and a rig passed me throwing up some rocks from its wheels and they of course found my hands. Hurt a little bit, just glad I was wearing my helmet because they peppered it as well.

Remember the scene in that movie "Wild Hogs" where they hit the bug cloud? Thats what it felt like with those pebbles.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Yep, I think I fixed it.
Reply #1 - 02/09/08 at 18:17:26

And keep your mouth closed you don't know where that crow's been, lol.

And bud, get something on those shin's.  I got a lump from a rock 6 months ago that I had to go to doc's for.  Looks like I got two knee caps.  That rock must've had an echo in time cause about a month ago it hurt like hell.  Doc said bone bruise, nothing to do about it.

WWW   IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #2 - 02/09/08 at 18:57:13

+1 on the shin guards -- I went for the Icons, but there's others.

They're easy enough to pop on or off over your jeans so you can walk around.  I prefer the riding pants with built in armor when the day's activity is riding, but when running errands or commuting the Icons are super.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motorcycle-shin-guards/

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #3 - 02/09/08 at 19:00:56

I'll definitely look into getting a pair of those. I didn't mention it in my original post, but they peppered my shins a bit too.

IP Logged
bsdnfraje

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/09/08 at 19:01:50

Back in high school when I was scouting cotton in the summers, I had these shin guards that were, essentially and plastic pipe slit down the side.  Pull 'em open, wrap em around the shins, let 'em snap closed.  Of course they were for snake bit protection.

I wish I still had sometimes though, mowing the backyard and the like.  Of course, if the drought continues, I might never have to mow again.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 02/09/08 at 19:45:01

I bought a pair of leather leggs.

A bit expensive considering you can get chaps for the same price.

Ordered them online and got the hog discount.

Them hoggs must pencil legged geeks cause even though I measured on the small side for large, they fit abit too tight for my liking.

But they've been a good investment so far.  The little pebbles don't sting, and rocks don't jump at me anymore.

Must've been something like the story about the wind and the sun...
the little pebble says to the rock, 'look, we can make the biker dance on the pegs'. and up they jump and bite the shins of the passing biker.  Ouch, ouch, ouch as he stamped his feet.  Ho ho ho said the rock, 'but I can make him take his foot off completely, pull over to the side of the road and cry'.  As the biker w/armor rode by he lept up and bounced clear onto the other side of the hiway. Buhaha went the biker.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #6 - 02/09/08 at 19:48:47

That's good.  Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 17:27:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Yep, I think I fixed it.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.